Before you read, those are some tips for new and dumb players like me, its not for the pros (they already know).
--

So, you are going to land and if you are going a bit faster you just cant touch the ground you push it down and the dam thing just wont touch the ground! and IF you touchdown the planes jumps up again :S
well that's the instructor its a dude hidden in the plane just to troll you (not really, but that's how it feels...)

1. Lets slap the instructor in the face, Menu > Controls. The second tab is the instructor, the first option says " Auto-restricts control of the airplane near the ground " it means i wont let you do cool stuff like fast landing etc.
Set it 'NO' the Default is 'Yes'

2. Don't use your flaps during the landing

3. You don't need to land , just to touchdown and you can touchdown at almost any speed. But above 500 you will probably loose your wheels (U can cap the airfield with one wheel , tested )

4. You can use your shadow to see how close you are on the airfield, go smooth.

That way you can cap the airfield faster and you are not a sitting duck, also with that speed you can instantly take off with enough energy to fight.
So, go on test flight mode and give it a try before you go on an actual domination game.

Here is a video on youtube that i found that shows you how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z8ScoF95BM

Ow , almost forgot, Please DON'T send me the bill's of the planes that you are going to crash!