Give me ambiguity or give me something else. Rossman92's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Omg SURVARIUM Open Beta Day - April 25th

For those of you who don't know, Survarium is a free to play, post-apocalyptic, MMOFPS currently in the works. It's being developed by Vostok Games, the former developers of The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Games (that is always a bitch to type out). I am a huge fan of those games and highly recommend them to everyone who hasn't given them a shot yet. As for Survarium, it's slated to be very similar to the S.T.A... oh fuck it... similar to the Stalker games in both design, game mechanics, and atmosphere: bleak, desperate, desolate, with an emphasis on survival over success. There will be multiple factions fighting over control of valuable and powerful "Artifacts" and attempting to avoid deadly "Anomalies" in a world where civilization has been de-railed by our own ambition and overrun by nature fighting back.

Detailed description of game premise > http://survarium.com/en/page/introduction

Right now there are a couple of proposed game modes: Team Play, Free Play, and Co-Op. Team play is the only mode that is currently working and being tested. It is described as being similar to a "Capture the Flag" scenario with several twists that make it geared toward concise and organized team setups. (More info here > http://survarium.com/en/page/teamplay-pvp). Survarium has been in closed beta for a very long time, but the developers are opening up the beta for a large-scale test this Friday, April 25th. I know for sure that I will be downloading and giving it a go since I've been following this project from Day 1. I thought I'd send out a heads-up for anyone else who might be interested and maybe we can get a group to play. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Knee High to a Worms Ass TristynCraig's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You bet your ass you will see me downloading it and joining you on the field, friend. This game couldn't get here much faster. Seems like a day to remember after all the fun we will have!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You can bet i'll be downloading this! I like any type of online shooting game!

Knee High to a Worms Ass Annix15's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If it's free, I play!

Knee High to a Worms Ass Annix15's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

AND especially if it's a online shooter with good graphics and fun gameplay.

Knee High to a Worms Ass TristynCraig's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have just installed, extracted, and tried the game. It has a Infestation sense to it combined with Metro 2033, due to the post-apocalyptic sense. The gameplay is a little weird, it's BETA, and the game runs sort of smooth, hince still being BETA. Overall, I believe the free world, co-op part of the game once it is fully released will be amazing. Can't wait to play with some angels!

KodevEx

I'm checking this out. See you out there!

Give me ambiguity or give me something else. Rossman92's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well the beta day is now over gentlemen, I had some fun testing it out. I experienced a few crashes and quite a bit of lag stuttering but overall I was impressed with what they had so far. I really can't wait until they are done with free play and co-op modes. Feel free to post with your experiences in the beta. If you want to continue playing, you can participate in the beta key lottery on survarium.com or get one through posting on the forums there, or by purchasing a founder's pack. In any case I am excited for the full release of this game.

Can I have your Tots TheLastDesciple's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

this game is just gonna be epic ill be joining as well with other people here :) havent followed it for a while since it was still in the works

Can I have your Tots TheLastDesciple's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

plus its also the creators of the stalker series as well which i fell in love with from day one playing it

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! EvilMrFritz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh, I'll be checking this out for sure.