Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default The Yellow Count.... RB

So, there I was, flying a joy flight having fun over Bastonge...

When suddenly! Below.. I see some fould creatures! These nasty ze Germans attacking my fellow team mates! I dive in to save them from the beasts and spot this infamous, noble, fighter ace chasing a friendly Wildcat..

I decided it was time for his reign of terror to stop!

Just got him the second after he got that Wildcat..

They both crashed at the same time.. And I gloriously went home as hero!

..or not. I just sucked alittle less and did some good in Realistic. But I have started to have more and more fun in that mode! Gotta fly more with you RB blokes so you can make me suck a little less, there is so much to learn *over* arcade...

Let me know when you wanna teach me some lower-ish tiered planes!

What is time to an immortal? AOD Member AOD_Cadimus's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

P40 one of the greatest aircraft ever made
    "In midnight clad"

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Dave be careful!

ONCE you go Realistic you may never go back to Arcadasy!

LOL!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have been so annoyed by some Arcade... Behaviours? Lateley so.. I am beeing pushed towards playing mroe RB. :)
    But I am happy playing both so.. ;)

Love the P-40, looks good, feels great! Nice skins.. I just seem to be hooked up with hellcats, P-47s and stuff like that which outperforms me.. ;P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I started playing Tanks this weekend and it's been a nice change!

Of course, I had low expectations because I never played a MMO Tank game before.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DaveSchilling View Post
    I have been so annoyed by some Arcade... Behaviours? Lateley so.. I am beeing pushed towards playing mroe RB. :)
    But I am happy playing both so.. ;)

Love the P-40, looks good, feels great! Nice skins.. I just seem to be hooked up with hellcats, P-47s and stuff like that which outperforms me.. ;P
    I use to play arcade alot but I got tired of all of the Bf109 FW190 shenanigans and switch to RB
    "In midnight clad"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Cadimus View Post
    I use to play arcade alot but I got tired of all of the Bf109 FW190 shenanigans and switch to RB
    ...and let's not forget SOMEBODY who shall not be mentioned use to come down to the Realistic rooms and give us a hard time for not flying Arcade anymore!

Ah! The good old times... hehe!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Cadimus View Post
    Tell me about it..! Some noo.. Dude re-spawns, goes in a shallow dive, straight line towards the closest target for a head on... Gets a kill or two, rinse and repeat...
    But I had some stupid people in RB today as well. Me and a Tak-7 were the only ones left alive against five enemies. I am chasing a P-400 and the Yak-7 comes back reloaded, dives in blasting me and the P-400 until he runs out of ammo. No keeping an eye for the rest....
    He and the rest of the bad guys all later crashed in some bizarre ways leaving me left totally alone.. xD

So, had to try more... Got Bulge again. Saw some squaded up Norwegians so spoke some "Scandinavian" with the and promised to keep an eye on them, they were going in low... A couple of bf 109s dived on them and I warned and dived in. But I got bounced by a Mc.202.
    Still felt I had to help the Norwegians so gived in in a too noobishly steep dive (?) ;-)

Mr Mc.202 keeps chasing me so I made a loop and that bugger shoots one of the Norwegians..!
    I failed.. But I wanted revenge!

Got an exciting chase. Just guessed I would outmaneouvre him.. Still have no idea if that was smart first outturning and then giving chase..
    But he got one of those guys I had promised to help..

Say "-Hi!" (or "-F-O!" to Benito from me Eytie.. ;D

Now, low and slow a Bf 109 E comes straight for me.. Felt forced into that head on but I got out with barely a scratch.. He got a .50 in the face..

Well, tell Mr. Hitler to "-F-O!" as well Hans..

Home for tea and medals!

So yeah, I start to like it! Probably just been up mostly against noobs though..

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am soo fucking tired of these stupid dickheads in Fw 190s & Bf 109s coming for head ons all the time... Whatever position, below you, above you... Straight line, head on.. Atleast there is a little less of that in RB.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

I am soo fucking tired of these stupid dickheads in Fw 190s & Bf 109s coming for head ons all the time... Whatever position, below you, above you... Straight line, head on.. Atleast there is a little less of that in RB.
    That rarely happens in RB; Try to be above your enemy if you have the height you have the advantage
    "In midnight clad"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah, that is one reason I start to fly more and more RB.. ;-)
    Most of my deaths today was to that BS - usually rammed so no kill for the idiot... I am tired of it, even people with a height advantage force it. FFS.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ah, was about to Edit but there is a 5 min limit?

I have had a bunch of guys going for stupid head ons in RB as well lately. Today, a Yak 9 on the same level went straight for me when me and _Night_Shade_ was playing. He did not even hit me and I failed to dodge so he blew up and I got a black burning aircraft... Surely there were other options for him??? I was in a P-40.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Everyone loves to head-on, have to try and use that against them!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah I have dished out my fair share of rockets in the face. I just find it very stupid and lazy going for the easy option with a little too high risk involved. Especially when you have a advantage like speed, height or both. It is just plain dumb.
    Unless going for well protected bombers...

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Ah, was about to Edit but there is a 5 min limit?

I have had a bunch of guys going for stupid head ons in RB as well lately. Today, a Yak 9 on the same level went straight for me when me and _Night_Shade_ was playing. He did not even hit me and I failed to dodge so he blew up and I got a black burning aircraft... Surely there were other options for him??? I was in a P-40.
    If I go for a head on against any aircraft I kick my rudder to left or right as I start to merge around .90km to make my self a smaller target then roll away usually works they fly in to my hail of gun fire I fly out unscathed.
    Here is where I got it from
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjqj1e8t1BE
    Last edited by AOD_Cadimus; 05-14-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    "In midnight clad"

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Aviation knows the trick I taught him. Basically some people are so committed to going for a head on, that you can begin to turn / merge on them before you cross, and you'll be 1/4 to 1/2 the way around on them before they have the time to react.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Kinda like those Dogfights! series - but if you mention them on the WT forums, lol...

Gonna have to try work on it. I just canīt believe when people with an advantage go in for that stupid head on...
    Right now I have started to get a little too annoyed on the game, the derpyness that is a little more pronounced in Arcade.. I just do not find it fun diving for the furball or trading 1 for 1, respawn, rinse and repeat.
    I try to climb and pick off others but I often get an isolated target myself and gets chased for fucking ages by idiots that cannot catch me but they sure try damn hard. And when I try to be useful around friendlies they still do stupid things like going for the same FUCKIGN targets instead of their friend just behind us closing in etc etc etc...
    Last edited by DaveSchilling; 05-14-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

/End rant ;)

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Kinda like those Dogfights! series - but if you mention them on the WT forums, lol...

Gonna have to try work on it. I just canīt believe when people with an advantage go in for that stupid head on...
    Right now I have started to get a little too annoyed on the game, the derpyness that is a little more pronounced in Arcade.. I just do not find it fun diving for the furball or trading 1 for 1, respawn, rinse and repeat.
    I try to climb and pick off others but I often get an isolated target myself and gets chased for fucking ages by idiots that cannot catch me but they sure try damn hard. And when I try to be useful around friendlies they still do stupid things like going for the same FUCKIGN targets instead of their friend just behind us closing in etc etc etc...
    Almost everyone on the WT gaijin forums is an armchair/warrior/pilot.. try to learn as much as you can about your plane or planes and you will be out flying almost everyone in no time.
    "In midnight clad"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah!..! ;-)
    I have a decent basis I think, been interested and read about planes for 25 years..? Just need to put it into practice and use the game mechanichs correctly - I think.. :)

Whatever whinge I have, the game is pretty! The P-40 adventure continues and this time I felt like beeing in a movie, having a nice chase after a Ki-45.. Now in the Premium P-40 over Kalhkin Ghol.

And to quote Lord vader: "I have you now!" (No smuggler ship behind me though..!)

Interesting game where we were five real players.. All enemies were guys with around 1000-ish kills.. On the runway a I-153 starts to shoot a LaGG and kills it, then leaves the game. The remaining IL-4 bombs some stuff and crashes. A Yak-7 derps around, trying to get that buring Ki-45 but he crashes..
    I am left alone and is set on fire by the tripple A miles away... So, both fun and funny, lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast