Some how an attempt to stop windows defender from using 100% of the hard drive has turned into an issue with my bios no longer recognizing the boot drive.

I disabled defender, no joy task manager still reported ridiculous disk usage from defender. Explorer spontaneously stops working. I restart it from task manager. Since the problem seemed to involved the hard drive I ran scannow. It reported problems and saved the fix for a restart. I restart my computer, it hangs on patch installation until the screen goes dark. Computer proceeds to attempt a start after I click on the keyboard. No joy, I get the advanced start options. Well fuck this I say and go straight to a restore point. Again no joy, restore point deleted during failed attempt. I attempt normal restart, no joy, at no point after this was I able to start windows. I try the refresh with files. Again no joy. I try knocking it back to factory settings, no joy. I dig out my windows boot USB and attempt a clean install. The normal boot drive is now nowhere to be found. I remove the windows bootable on a suspicion. Sure enough I can't even make it past the bios anymore, no boot device found. I crack open my case, switch out the cables and try a different mobo sata port. Nothing works.

I'm out of ideas for now, anyone else got something? I don't care about the data, much of it is in a cloud anyways. If I'm fucked at least tell me where I went wrong.

Sent from an undisclosed location...