Knee High to a Worms Ass Thy_Sin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Base Destruction Stat/Counter/Tracker?

I'm brand new to the game and this might be seen as a silly question, and I do realize that War Thunder is not a complete game as it stands, but does anyone know if the plan to add in something to keep track of Base Destruction. Reason I ask is because within the time that I have been playing I've really come to enjoy flying bombers. Probably because I really suck at dogfights right now, but that's besides the point. Flying as a bomber feels a little under appreciated, the game currently keeps track or Enemy Kills, Assists, Deaths and a handful of other things but not the amount of damage a player has done to a base or even the amount of bases that player has "blown up".

During one of my matching this evening a pug started to rage at me for my score even though I had Zero Kills, Assists or really anything, Of course when i said i was flying a bomber he kinda shut up about it, but that is kinda the point of this all, there is nothing to show that, in a pug match or match with pugs, that you are contributing to the match and not just flying off into La La Land. So does have any insight as to if this will become a feature in the future or do I just need to be content with know what I have done in the match.

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I've been trying to get the Strategic Targets to mean something. Instead of just taking tickets off, it actually affects things like Repair Timers, or Ground Vehicle speed.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Nitewolf's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I say send a sidewinder or in our case an unguided rocket up the idiots tailpipe and let karma teach him to mind his own business

Knee High to a Worms Ass Thy_Sin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Nitewolf View Post
    I say send a sidewinder or in our case an unguided rocket up the idiots tailpipe and let karma teach him to mind his own business
    Yeah as far as I'm aware Nite, T2 Bomber's Don't have any rockets. I could be mistaken but then again I am very new to the game.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

the simplest implementation in my mind would be putting all required objectives to win a match at 100% then in the stats during and after a game it shows how much percent of the 100% you destroyed/helped killing. They should get rid of tank assists vs. plane assists and put it all under one. But that is just all should, could & would :P they'll figure something out.

"Every day is a beautiful day" Elwood P. Dowd AOD Member AOD_PapaPnut's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

In addition to making them "count for more", there could also be more of them (4,5,6....) to combat the 3 minute "bomber thunder" games that have become commonplace in T4 level games.

A interesting glitch in a Tank domination game leads me to believe they are perhaps thinking along those lines. At the start of the match there were 4 capture zones marked A,B,C,and D then all of a sudden after about 4 or 5 minutes D disappeared.

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

We believe that "D" is just a bug that recently started to show up. We have been ignoring it.

Banned from Forums donaldduck1975's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

its an objective added as part of the game it is a small mission bonus that helps experience and research points

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_diamondman1975 View Post
    its an objective added as part of the game it is a small mission bonus that helps experience and research points
    Oh it has something to do with secret documents right?