Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Geekout Getting a new keyboard, suggestions?

I'm getting a new keyboard because I got good grades this year. I want to get some suggestions on what to get. I would like to see what you currently have, and something else you would like to suggest. I have an average budget of $200. The keyboard must be wired. Also, if you want to, how about you find me a good gaming mouse? No macros, wired, good size, Average price of $150.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Get a Logitech G510 keyboard and a Razer Naga mouse. Both are amazing.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Damnation's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've got a logitech G19, it's awesome. I can also recommend mech keyboards with whatever keys you prefer. I don't know which brand is better though.

Mouse I've got a logitech G700s. This one isn't flat out awesome, if it is used wireless it goes to sleep too often and then you can't use your mouse for a couple seconds after you try to. And if you leave it wired it has a super stiff cord, a cord that reminds you why you hate corded mice in the first place. New wired mice have super skinny, nice cords. Even I will probably get one next. I've heard good things about the RAT mice.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Siegmier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can't recommend a keyboard, however I loved the Logitech G500 laser gaming mouse, and I really enjoy my Razer DeathAdder that I currently use, although I have abnormally large hands, and the Deathadder feels a tad too small. neither have to use macro's although I am sure you could program some, both have side buttons, and the Logitech has adjustable DPI. Word of caution: DeathAdder has been known to get "Bricked" when installing the synapse 2.0 software, I had no issues but alot of other people did so Food for thought.

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh, I seem to forgot to mention: Links if you can, it's easier for me. If you can't, that's fine, just not as convenient for me.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    Get a Logitech G510 keyboard and a Razer Naga mouse. Both are amazing.
    G510 looks like a solid keyboard. Backlighting is a plus, wired is great, looks well made. Overall, I like it and is a good one for my list. Razer Naga has too many macros for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Damnation View Post
    I've got a logitech G19, it's awesome. I can also recommend mech keyboards with whatever keys you prefer. I don't know which brand is better though.
    Holy crap man, that is one fancy keyboard xD. Again, backlit +, wired +, panel screen ++. Great keyboard from the looks, might get it because of the extra functionalities it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Siegmier View Post
    I can't recommend a keyboard, however I loved the Logitech G500 laser gaming mouse, and I really enjoy my Razer DeathAdder that I currently use, although I have abnormally large hands, and the Deathadder feels a tad too small. neither have to use macro's although I am sure you could program some, both have side buttons, and the Logitech has adjustable DPI. Word of caution: DeathAdder has been known to get "Bricked" when installing the synapse 2.0 software, I had no issues but alot of other people did so Food for thought.
    G500 seems like a solid mouse overall. DeathAdder is a simple mouse, very few macros, fashionable, and wired. Great mouse from what I see.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Wingdude100 View Post
    Oh, I seem to forgot to mention: Links if you can, it's easier for me. If you can't, that's fine, just not as convenient for me.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-mouse-910001259
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/razer-m...0100840100r3u1

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I ReapeRx124's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm using a Logitech G11 right now, and it's been one of my most favorite keyboards ever.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Tzamen's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

But first, what switches do you prefer?

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-choose-...-you-511140347

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! RangerVudoo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Honestly I like my Roccat FX great keyboard without blowing the bank http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gamin...s/ROCCAT-Isku/

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Tzamen View Post
    But first, what switches do you prefer?

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-choose-...-you-511140347
    I HAVE!!! No idea...

Can I have your Tots Carcinognic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a Corsair K70 and love it. You can pick one up for around $130. They are about to release the Cherry MX RGB switches which will mean mechanical keyboard that you can change the color of the keys. The only downside is the RGB version isn't out yet. I would expect it in the next month or so. I'd say it's worth waiting for.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823816010
    http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/k70-rgb

As for mouse, I'm a huge logitech/corsair fan. What features do you want for the mouse?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Carcinognic View Post
    I have a Corsair K70 and love it. You can pick one up for around $130. They are about to release the Cherry MX RGB switches which will mean mechanical keyboard that you can change the color of the keys. The only downside is the RGB version isn't out yet. I would expect it in the next month or so. I'd say it's worth waiting for.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823816010
    http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/k70-rgb

As for mouse, I'm a huge logitech/corsair fan. What features do you want for the mouse?
    No macros, wired, good size, Average price of $150.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I HAVE!!! No idea...
    LOL, I am in the same boat, I have read up on them, and it appears that Red are made for gaming, but aren't very good for typing
    Assuming youve had a membrane keyboard before deciding to get a new one, maybe people can suggest the switch type that is most similar to that?
    personally I like having a feel to when I have pressed down the key, so I think brown would be the best, but I've never owned a mechanical keyboard (other than really old ones that no longer plug into computers) so don't take my advice to heart!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have the Logitech G710+, fantastic keyboard and i have it paired with the Logitech G700 mouse.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-299-_-Product

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This is the keyboard I have already: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-0...=Logitech+K330
    Except replace the red with gray.
    Maybe one of you can figure out what switch this is closest to :p

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Romanion's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thats most probably a membrane keyboard.

Knee High to a Worms Ass YummySushiPjs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm new here so you may not take my word for it, but...

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the Corsair Vengenace K70 mechanical keyboard and Steel Series Rival Mouse. The mouse is a little lacking in features compared to something like a Razer Naga but it's sturdy and accurate and feels great in my hand and I have rather large hands. Hope this helps.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue sinthetic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a Corsair Vengeance K70 and I love this keyboard. The K70 comes in 3 types of cherry MX mechanical keys; Red, brown, and blue. Red is a smooth quick keystroke, brown has a tactile keystroke, blue has a tactile keystroke with an audible click sound. So if you don't want a LOUD keyboard don't go with Cheery MX blue switches I find the blues to be annoying, but that's my opinion. If you are willing to wait a while and want a fully mechanical keyboard with RGB back lighting Corsair is coming out with a mechanical keyboard and you can change the back lighting to what ever color you want. More info on that here. I see a few are confused on what the exact differences are of the different colored cherry MX switches. If any one wants a more in depth explanation let me know I'd be more than happy to explain, but that article Tzamen linked had some great information. With that being said I will say this all switches whether it be red, blue, black, brown, grey, clear, white they can all be used for gaming and typing. Typing is what mechanical keys are known for is their typing so no matter what color switch you go with you can bet your ass its great for typing, all in all it comes down to preference, I suggest finding a store that has mechanical keyboards on display and go try different ones, if that's not an option you can buy cherry MX sampler kits online and have them shipped to your house. Hope this helped. XD