Knee High to a Worms Ass Thy_Sin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Need help with Voice Attack

I have just Started using the program Voice Attack, and I must say it is an awesome programs. I am primarily testing it within Star Trek Online, cause getting to command a Star Trek Universe ship like a real Captain is just awesome, How ever with that being an MMO and having multiple action bars I have run into a bit of a snag. In the game I have 4 primary action bars, One set to my number pad on my Gaming Mouse, then the Three that I have set up and bound with Voice attack are my standard 1 - 0, Ctrl + 1 - Ctrl + 0, and Shift + 1 - Shift + 0. The Problem I am having is when I call for an ability with Voice Attack that is bound to either Ctrl or Shift + Number it will cast the ability that is bound to the Stand alone number first and then once on Cool down if i call it again then it will then cast the ability that I wanted it to. Any one have a work around or possibly know what I am doing.

As for the setting with in Voice Attack here is an example:

When I say: Energize Plates

Key Press: Ctrl + 1

Press and Release Key(s): Hold down for 0.100 Seconds

Really hope someone is able to help me out with this.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Damnation's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would guess that because they are pressed down at the same time, the game reads the number first, casts the ability then reads control.

Try off-setting the times, so control hits first, then some number, then they release.

If this isn't possible or is really difficult you could un-bind the plain number key set, and bind it to P + 1 - P + 0, or whatever key you want. This way it might read the number first but with nothing to cast it won't cooldown so your proper bind should work right anyway.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Thy_Sin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Damnation View Post
    I would guess that because they are pressed down at the same time, the game reads the number first, casts the ability then reads control.

Try off-setting the times, so control hits first, then some number, then they release.
    That solved the issue I was having Thank You.