Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Canada2 thoughts on the cm storm quickfire tk keyboard or suggestions

hey guys just got myself the cm storm recon and wondering if i should get the cm storm quickfire tk or if there are any other gaming keyboards around the same range

here is the cm storm quickfire tk
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=055708

reminder im in canada so the certain boards i cant get

thanks guys

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Its really personal preference.

If you play at night with little to no lights then backlit keys are a must.

As for mecanical key switches.

Blues have best tactile feel for typing but make a terrible clicking noise

Browns have tactile feel for typing and much quieter.

Blacks are smooth and quiet which is good for gaming but a little tricky for typing.

Reds are all out gameing very quick, Smooth feel and require less force to push down. This is worst for typing because least amount of feedback and wrist strain since you cant rest your fingers on the keys.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Keppler's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've actually got this keyboard with Blacks. It was my first mechanical keyboard, so I can't say much on the differentiation between Blacks, Reds, Blues, etc. I CAN say that going back to non-mechanical keyboards you REALLY notice a difference. Typing becomes way more sloppy and it just feels.... icky.

As far as the actual keyboard goes, I like it a lot. It fit well with my whole color scheme of my pc build, so that helped my decision. Looking back, I would have slightly preferred a full backlit, but if you are mostly gaming on it, the gaming-row backlighting will do just fine. I also like that this keyboard comes with a numpad. I've seen many mechanical keyboards that leave this out, and I use it enough that I wouldn't buy one without it.

Edit: Actually, this one looks like it has full backlighting. Mine looks like this for comparison.

Knee High to a Worms Ass sixTnyne's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have this keyboard currently and it has been my only mechanical keyboard so I can't really compare. What I can say is that I do love the size of it. It isn't a full sized keyboard so it isn't as long. Since I'm limited in space, this creates more mouse room for me which is a plus. I have the blues and can tell you that it is quite loud but that's my personal preference. It has a few different backlit options (WASD Only, Full backlit, Backlit strobe) as well as different brightness settings which is always a plus. The difference between mine and the one you linked is that my backlights are blue and those seem to be red. All in all, I love this keyboard for its compact size, backlighting and blues.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue sinthetic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I dont own it, but I know people that do. Its a great keyboard from what I've heard. I personally own a Corsair Vengeance K70 I've had it a few months now and I freaking love this keyboard and highly recommend it.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Shattered831's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I dont have any experience with the keyboard but i do have a cm xornet mouse an will say i absolutly love it an havent had a single issue quality wise with it. I also have their fans, so quality doesnt seem to be an issue.

Foxtrot, Unicorn, Charlie, Kilo Neotoad's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I picked up a Corsair K70 fully mechanical a while back and have been very happy with it. It's a little more expensive, but every key is mechanical. It also has media controls (play, pause, mute, and volume rocker).