What we are about to show you here is still a WIP. A lot of this stuff might or will be replaced in time as we get further into Development.
Here is a short list of some of the stuff we have changed.
* Support for 128 players on a server. We have yet to test with 128 real players, however.
* Lots of fixes for JKA and OJK (which we based our code on).
* We have added 22 new weapons so far, and keeping the old default one also. The big plan for where we will will come later.
* New HUD. Shows your and your current target's info.
* All AI's with a jetpack can use them.
* Bot_minplayers style NPC spawning.
* Civilian NPCs.
* NPCs now function as a full replacement for bots. No need to use player slots to have AI on your server.
(Bots still exist, and use all the goodies that NPCs used before, plus all the other AI upgrades on the NPC AI)
* Padawans in some game types. You get an NPC to follow you around and help out. This will be expanded to a full companion system later.
* Support for missing single player NPCs.
Graphics (based on rend2, but we have added many, many improvements you see in new game engines):
* Anamorphic Lens Flares.
* Darkxpand - A brand new shader never seen anywhere else. Fixes some game rendering issues and improves edges.
* Depth Of Field - Standard (static) and Cinematic (dynamic) options.
* Depth Xpand - Adds depth to textures similar to a parallax effect.
* E-Sharpen - Improves texture sharpness.
* FXAA 3 - A fast Anti Aliasing method.
* Krisp - Improves texture details.
* Lens Flares.
* Screen Space Ambient Occlusion.
* Screen Space Global Illumination.
* Texture Clean - Cleans dirty textures without loosing detail.
* True Anaglyph - Anaglyphic 3D rendering with true (real) depth.
* True HDR.
* Vibrancy - More color please!
* Volumetric light on lightsabers.
* All the normal rend2 enhancements, with most of them being improved!
* All of the above graphics improvements.
* Fully automatic waypointing for your maps! No longer do you have to manually run around your map creating AI support!
* Parallax is added to your surfaces automaticaly. No need to manually create normal maps, etc.
* Volumetric lighting. All you need to do is set the intensity of your light to a negative value.
Sound (we have completely replaced the JKA sound engine):
* Low Quality (11khz) up to Ultra High Quality (96khz) sound.
* AI and players use all their sounds. Not just the normal multiplayer ones.
* Dopler effect on all positional sounds.
* Dynamic music system.
* Hardware audio mixing (with fallback to software if your sound device does not support it).
* Full surround sound. No matter what your speaker configuration.
* Full sound volume sliders for every type of sound. Adjust sound to be exactly as you want it.
* Completely new music soundtrack (psy), but you can select original music in setup menu, or add your own music (any format) to music/custom and select custom.
* The new sound engine is multithreaded, so it will now lower your game FPS at all.
The plan for this mod is to be a full scale MMO-FPS game. But we could really use help from the community.