The Nicely One that is Nice! Nicelinice's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Get past Admin.

I don't know if this already has been taken up but I kind of need help with this.

I just got my computer from school, and it's pretty good and well it's playable! But as usual with these school-stuff the school has locked the Admin, so i can't install anything. My primary game (WarThunder) didn't need Admin log in so I got that done but I can't get Ventrilo neither games like PS2 or FF.

So my question is if there is any way to get past the Admin and install what ever I want?

I know there is a way to use a USB and install it on a other computer, transfer the files that you installed and get it over to the school-computer. But it's like too many things you have to do for every thing you want to install, so i prefer to do one thing that takes longer once than doing stuff every time I wanted to install something.

I've read about other students in the same situation but in US, and they say like "don't do it because you'll get caught and bad consequences" but I'm from Sweden and the only thing they can do is say like "That wasn't what we want you to do, don't do it again" and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't even take my computer away.

Anyway you get my question right, I want to get past the Admin so I can install games, and I want to make it clear that I don't want to make any harm to the school-system or anything like it, just want to install games and have fun!

Take care, and have a nice weekend!
    ~Nice

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

There are "portable" programs out there that you stick on your USB and have unlimited access to. I used to do that when I went to school.

As far as getting past the Admin account, to my knowledge, no you can't. And if you could, you'd be in deep shit for it. Regardless of your country of origin, they could expel you from their school or take away your computer priveleges or whatever else they deem fit if caught. Unless you can get away with taking a shit on the dean's car in front of them, I wouldn't try it. I know it's tempting, but the consequences aren't worth it to me.

Only thing I can think of though, would be to buy a new copy of Windows and reinstall it on the computer, but you'd be caught easily when you go to turn it in.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Wolvenhaven's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    Only thing I can think of though, would be to buy a new copy of Windows and reinstall it on the computer, but you'd be caught easily when you go to turn it in.
    Not if he dualboots and cleans off the 2nd OS before he turns it in.

The Nicely One that is Nice! Nicelinice's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    There are "portable" programs out there that you stick on your USB and have unlimited access to. I used to do that when I went to school.

As far as getting past the Admin account, to my knowledge, no you can't. And if you could, you'd be in deep shit for it. Regardless of your country of origin, they could expel you from their school or take away your computer priveleges or whatever else they deem fit if caught. Unless you can get away with taking a shit on the dean's car in front of them, I wouldn't try it. I know it's tempting, but the consequences aren't worth it to me.

Or use a USB to transfer the files that get installed.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Null0000's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It is way too easy.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Are you able to boot into ubuntu using a live USB?

if so, then see if you can get the SAM and System file from C:\Windows\System32\config

After that, upload it to a file host, and then I can run it through a rainbow table and see if it can recover the password.

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? GridNoDC's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

portable vm ware and some os :P