Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So Help with video stuff!

Hello fellow AOD members, I am trying to start up a you tube channel where I mostly post videos of me playing in games with my division (war thunder) and getting lucky or skill full moments in which I know now that I can do with Gajin's REPLAY system for their games, so that's going to be helpful.

What I need help with is for the Channel Trailer and what I am wanting to do is use the Theme that this website uses every time you click to get on it. (The recruiting message which is pretty badazz) and I want to use it for the trailer. Is there anyone that knows how to make it into a downloadable file to use for You tube at all? or at least how to contact the one that makes and edits the little themes and videos for AOD?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I figured out a way to record the intro and posted it as a trailer on my youtube page! You can find it here! ---> https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmZoomy

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Are you looking to add links within the video that direct people to this website?

PS, your video seems to be at 360p resolution. (if you are making videos using footage from multiple sources, always scale the final output for the medium you plan to deliver it on as well as how it will be viewed. for example, if most of the people who will view the video, have 1080p displays, then your workspace in the editor should be in 1080p and low res content will be interpolated to 1080p, and higher res content (e.g., if you game at 4K resolution), will be scaled down (essentially super-sampled)

Other than that, if you are looking to link to external sites within video, head to https://www.youtube.com/features and make sure it is enabled for your account, depending on previous uploads and views,everything should be enabled except paid subscriptions.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

No i am not looking to do that, and I just recorded the intro from it playing to start to finish using action, really I don't know how to scale it up to 1080p. I will look into it now tho.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Do you have a link to a high definition version of the AOD intro video (I may be able to rip a copy with no additional loss in quality), or if you made it, do you have the original source material?

To make a workspace 1080p, you can specify the size easily in programs like adobe premiere pro CS6, but if you are using premiere pro CC, then it is easiest to have a blank video file or a 1 second blank clip that you can drag into your project, that will instantly set the workspace to be 1080p.

Also if you plan to regularly release videos, do not include more than 2-3 seconds worth of intro, and always keep the volume of the intro audio either 10% lower then the perceived volume of any speech or other content in the rest of the video, or match the volume, (never allow the intro to be louder than rest of the content in a video.

Though ideally it is best to have no intro at all so that viewers do not have to worry about skipping a few seconds into the video to get to the actual content and not an intro that they may have seen before.