Thread: Vent can't talk

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue SimonBolivar's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Omg Vent can't talk

VoiceCommMixerStart: Init failed: Failed to get mixer device caps.

This is what it said when I just logged in. Any thoughts? I can hear fine but can't speak at all with PTT. Any help :(!?

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've gotten this before for various reasons. Usually because my mic isn't plugged in/turned on.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I know I had similar problems on TS once where I had to use my desktop speakers and plug my headset into the mic outlet and that seemed to work on the same comp I'm on now but on Vent still didn't seem to work.

Founder of Killer Agents
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

i know this sounds dumb but i frequently dont see it myself check and make sure the mute microphone/binds box isnt checked at the bottom of the vent window

AOD_Insane "WHY DID YOU SHOOT ME IN THE BUTT HOLE"
    AOD_JamesHarden "If you don't fk with AOD you can't fk with me!"

I'd prefer Indar, but alright.... SamTheKnight's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Try setting the input device to the ACTUAL device not the default (under setup), sometimes issues occur when it tries to find the default device. I have direct sound issues sometimes and its cause it swapped off the actual device.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AgentGibbs View Post
    i know this sounds dumb but i frequently dont see it myself check and make sure the mute microphone/binds box isnt checked at the bottom of the vent window
    I try that, not it. Thanks though :).

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_SamTheKnight View Post
    Try setting the input device to the ACTUAL device not the default (under setup), sometimes issues occur when it tries to find the default device. I have direct sound issues sometimes and its cause it swapped off the actual device.
    I'll try that in a bit, thanks man. I'm in the quiet room right now so I'll toy around with it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Failed to open sound input device. rc=-10, CreateCaptureBuffer failed. HR=DSERR_ALLOCATED. The call failed because resources (such as a priority level) were already being used by another caller

This is what I got just now.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Kc2000's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Right click the speaker in the taskbar. Go to Recording Devices. Right Click your microphone and go into Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and uncheck 'Give exclusive mode applications priority'

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Breaking though a bit but still can't fully hear me. I'm really confused. My headset is the headset that have both the headset with you know the mic attached. It's not that old. I plug my headset into the headset input button thing on my desktop but can't do it on the mic slot unless I turn my desktop speakers on and even that so far doesn't seem to work but don't know if I exhausted all my options yet.