Threaded View

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue WarHawk92x's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Blizzard Entertainment's new competitive FPS: Overwatch

The rumors were true: Blizzard has announced a brand new game during its opening show today at BlizzCon. Overwatch is a competitive team-based FPS centered around capturing control points, featuring a near-future superhero vs. super villain theme. From the trailer, it reminded me quite a bit of Team Fortress 2 in its presentation and objectives, but the individual characters varied heavily in gameplay, ranging from a bow wielding wall climber to a giant intelligent ape to a dual-wielding gunslinger to a robot that can make himself into a turret.

As for a release date, all Blizzard would tell us about was a beta coming in 2015, but it is hosting a panel on the game at 12:30 p.m. PST today where we'll dig up as much info as we can. Additionally, Overwatch will be available to play on the show floor on a whopping 600 machines, so we'll be sure to give it a spin and tell you what we think later this weekend.
    The cinematic trailer for this game was very entertaining and the screenshots look good. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game as more information is revealed. With Blizzard's track record of making solid games and the Team Fortress 2 feel of the art style I think this will be a very interesting game.

Here's the trailer and some gameplay.

Last edited by AOD_JayTrain; 11-08-2014 at 12:15 AM.