Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Craigep17's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Really the new battlepass season

Don't know if anyone has read the whole battlepass for the up coming season but they have taken all the good parts which made the way people play the game into now more of a grind than any of the previous battlepass.
    The ones that confuse me the most is not being able to sell any of the vehicles you get, i don't really do ships or tanks so would like to sell them for other people unforntunate enougth not to unlock them. The upgrading of the new premium vehicles and getting free access to the battle pass by doing enougth 'stages'. The one benefit they had with the battlepass was the challenges now it seems like they are limiting the amount of time for the tasks you have just seem stupid to me.

Personally i play the game for an hour or two a day sometimes more but it just seems stupid, as long as the cobra is still around level 50 on the battlepass i will be semi happy.
    When you fail, fail over and over again until you succeed

Knocking them out one at a time. AOD Member AOD_Macjagger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

A Pass on the next Battle Pass: Yes you are right. You can continue grinding to level 150 and get two new things though:

1. Your coupons become tradable
    2. OR You can trade in top reward for next season Battle Pass entry...Something like converting top reward to a new battlepass

This could have positive effects. By making it harder to trade, less supply, and if you can get to 150 you will get more GC for your trade. Also, I understand you get to keep 1st 3 vehicles even if you opt for free next season battle pass reward.

However, you are correct, much more "grindy" to get the full value... and the enhanced battle pass becomes much more important. The 1st season i made it to 140's but I did grind hard. Not sure I'm interested in that much grind.

I think this time it's the 1 free vehicle and maybe a War Bond vehicle and call it a day.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_Hellcat101's Avatar
    Rank
    Trainer
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

i thought we already did the battle pass . You mean there's another one

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Rondorf13's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

After each battle pass ends a new one begins.

Quitters!!!!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

So I kinda torn on this once again. I see what they are doing but I think they are really missing out.

I can only compare this battlepass to call of duty's battlepass system as it's the only other game I play with a battlepass. In call of duty's battle pass, if you buy the battlepass for 1200 CD points you have the opportunity to earn 1200 CD points (or more) during the battlepass which means if you get to level 100 (the top level) you can buy next season's battlepass for free. If they want players to work harder to get to level 150 (which is what it seems like to me) then they have to put a better incentive in. So instead of 80 warbonds each level above 76 why not do 100 warbonds one level and 100 GE the next and then repeat. This would allow people to earn the battlepass for the next season after having purchased the current season and playing it all the way through.

They did put a way to do this into the current system but it sucks and I don't think they are intelligent enough to understand why. You buy the battlepass and work your ass off to obtain the vehicles and then either use them or sell them. But now they've taken that option away by making you play to 125 to "earn" the ability to make them tradable or you can exchange both the big tank and plane for entry into the next season. I mean, WTF is the point of a free season if you don't get the reward of the good vehicles.

I think they would get more participation by adding in the GE idea and then making the 105 and 125 tradable coupons an option to be used on the big tank, plane or ship. That way a guy/gal who plays tanks can keep the tank and sell the ship and plane or the plane guy/gal can sell the big tank and ship. Anyway I think you get the point.

My two cents anyway.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_Red_Nine's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

i completed the first two battlepasses, but am going to "pass" on this one. Burnout is real, even though I only play for an hour or two each day. Going to play more enlisted instead!

Quitters!!!!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Red_Nine View Post
    i completed the first two battlepasses, but am going to "pass" on this one. Burnout is real, even though I only play for an hour or two each day. Going to play more enlisted instead!
    Just curious when you say you completed the first two battlepasses, does that mean you went all the way to level 150 or you got to level 75 which is the last level that anything worth grinding for is at? If 150, then I'm impressed and yeah the burnout from that grind would be severe.