Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Elite: Dangerously

Anyone playing this game? Looks interesting and we may have some interest in it if there are enough of us.

Do not fear death. Death is always at our side. Malevolan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm not too sure about this game. It looks like it's trying to be like Star Citizen. Is there a difference between this game and Star Citizen?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

He was apart of one of the original releases, Elite was announced first if I recall lol. This is # 4 I believe in the series vs the first Star Citizen so

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Malevolan View Post
    I'm not too sure about this game. It looks like it's trying to be like Star Citizen. Is there a difference between this game and Star Citizen?
    Originally it was Elite vs the Freelancer series. Now they've both resurfaced. Elite is more arcade than SC as SC is going as close to the sim experience as possible. It's like comparing World of Tanks vs War Thunder Ground Forces. They're both got tanks in but they aim for different targets/markets.

More on topic... I am playing elite occasionally atm. (Every 2-3 days) IGN should be BritishBob, if the in game friend system is even working yet... XD

Do not fear death. Death is always at our side. Malevolan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Pardon my lack of research. I didn't know it was an actual series. I just took notice on it the other day and thought it was just the same game in a different aspect. I might try out Elite, then. I like the more Arcade-ish type games anyway. :D

AOD for life AOD Member AOD_Kharior's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I might be into this. Reminds me of Tachyon:The Fringe.
    Kill the meat, save the metal
    -DraigUK

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Just me trying my new x52 pro HOTAS. It was the second time I'd taken off, so docking computer still enabled. Also some rather tasty trade runs. Just 20 boring mins of trading tbh. Shows the graphics off a bit.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I EpicBlob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've got it and while I enjoy playing, I'd love to get a group together. Waiting for the multiplayer to be ironed out before I really plunk a ton of time into it.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_EpicBlob View Post
    I've got it and while I enjoy playing, I'd love to get a group together. Waiting for the multiplayer to be ironed out before I really plunk a ton of time into it.

Well add me IGN: BritishBob

Khaz Grey

I just started playing this game as well. Not doing much but trading here and there and trying hard not to get killed by the space stations when umm landing goes wrong!

I took an IQ test and the results were negative diablo3029's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I play this game as well under the tag Diablo3029. I enjoy it. Do some smuggling, a little bounty hunting, and like BritishBob the occasional trading. Overall not a bad game so far.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

So after a few days with the x52 Pro, I've got used to it enough to start enjoying some combat. While not my largest bounty so far (25k bounty from a asp) this little 3 min kill has certainly been the fastest of the day.

Sidewinder is far better than I thought it would be.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

44k bounty dropship killed with my sidewinder. Highest single bounty with the sidewinder so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3evcjtw9co

Warning it's a boring 10 mins... :o

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Null0000's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Just got the game, and I am loving it. Having just been trading and exploring so far. Tag: Null0000

I'm currently using my PS4 controller and it makes it pretty simple to fly. Has anyone tried out that voiceattack add-on? Is it worth paying for?

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I EpicBlob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Null0000 View Post
    Just got the game, and I am loving it. Having just been trading and exploring so far. Tag: Null0000

I'm currently using my PS4 controller and it makes it pretty simple to fly. Has anyone tried out that voiceattack add-on? Is it worth paying for?
    Voice attack is awesome!!! While it takes some time to know the different commands, they almost always get picked up the first time and it lets you not fumble around with your keyboard as much. Also makes you feel like a complete badass commander :D

Knee High to a Worms Ass den1343's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i also play this its really good you can do pretty much anything that star citizen is promising in the future i plan to play it til star citizen gets more content great game and i believe the galaxy is way bigger than star citizen

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Voice attack is awesome, it just struggles with my poor accent... :/ MS Voice recognition problem not voice attack.

If you've got a decent sidewinder you can head to asteroid belts and bounty hunt the ships there. I made 150k in 20mins in my Viper this way. Your milage may vary.

Can I have your Tots Razorfalcon1's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm down for it personally, bought the beta, loved it, almost got me a Cobra in the full release now.

Random Gamer #32507 House_Ordos's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If I had it, I would play it as a boredom buster. I do not enjoy the art style of the ships, everything else looks quite enjoyable. I still watch players videos on it when bored as I may learn something from it that might carry over to SC.

Looking for the lazy way out NorTig's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've been playing it since a bit after release, mostly doing trading. Combat isn't really my thing even if I've started to try it out a bit (I suspect my "mostly harmless" rank is fully deserved. :P
    I'm focusing on trading in my Type-7 to get my asp back so i can do some exploring again. Feel free to add me ingame, the username is NorTig

I Find that Elite is an excellent pastime, but a bit disappointed that there isn't better options for playing together as a group yet. (coming early March)
    Still had quite a bit of fun playing with Peacm and helping eachother out. (Boosting him, getting help back when I FUBAR'ed my first Asp.)
    I think Zero Punctuation said it well: I enjoy E:D, but I am a bit weird :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast