Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Default Let me introduce you to: Trove (A Game)

Trove is an open-ended voxel adventure through countless realms filled with quests, chests, and enemies great and small. It’s a potent, cube-shaped brew of RPG features combined with the thrill of exploring procedurally-generated worlds – and the unlimited creative freedom to build your own!

Basic Info
    Remember CubeWorld? Cross that with some of the basic building aspects of Minecraft and you have Trove. Trove is a Class based Voxel MMO from Trion Worlds and is currently in open beta. The game is currently F2P with a cash shop and requires the Glyph launcher, the same launcher for Archeage, Defiance and Rift.

Class System
    There are currently 7 classes as of writing and each has different skills and play styles. The current classes are: Knight, Gunslinger, Fae Trickster, Dracolyte, Neon Ninja, Candy Barbarian and Ice Sage. Each class has a simple basic attack, a secondary right click attack and two other skills unlocked at level 3 and 5.
    More information on the classes: http://www.trionworlds.com/trove/game/classes/

Environment
    The game is based on the stylised Voxel system, with large environment blocks, with player and non-player characters made up of smaller blocks creating a very Cube World esque world and style. This style isn't for everyone, but does mean it's easily accessible for people with lower end PCs/Laptops.

Gameplay
    There are multiple worlds. Each world has a different difficulty level, however you aren't restricted in anyway to which world you chose to enter. There is a crafting and building system of sorts, but as I've only been playing for a week I've yet to explore these in detail.
    Here are some Youtube videos of some basic gameplay from Trove.

There is clan support, but I again I've not dipped my head into this yet. Heres a Vid from ChaosD1 explaining things in far more detail than I can.

One brings shadow, one brings the light... Fang's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The overuse of building genre games is becoming outta hand in my honest opinion.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Fang View Post
    The overuse of building genre games is becoming outta hand in my honest opinion.
    TBH, there's very little building in it. You can only do it in you Club (clans) world and for you personal house. Outside of that it's effectively useless.

Did you hit him? Did you hit him again? Samiam_Jr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've played the game, it is fun, but I found it lacking something to keep me playing. My younger brother loves the game, and he keeps playing.

Also I like the structure of how you posted, lots of good information.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

I'm playing it casually. It's a nice change of pace from the more competitive or serious games. I can derp around and not have to worry to much.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Also if people liek the structure/content I could do some threads for other games as/when they're released/open beta'd. ATM I play on World of Warships and Armoured Warfare. Maybe a few other that won't get divs but are interesting/fun to play.