Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Logitech Keyboards with display options and Teamspeak 3

I know a few of us here use Logitech keyboards that include a screen that displays Ventrilo info. The good news is that these keyboards also (theoretically) work with Teamspeak 3. Go to the "settings" tab, click "plugins" and select "G15 keyboard LCD display". I haven't given it a whirl yet, but hopefully the results are good ones.

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

They're terrible. Know what Zork is? That's what it looks like.
    I just recommend using Overwolf and completely ignoring the LCD display.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Itinerii's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

you might be able to design one your self infact... http://www.linkdata.se/software/lcdhost/ however that said good luck trying to get the thing working (note there is 2 tools on the site I linked, one for g19 and one for g15 etc)

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It works fine for me, Here is how it looks on the logitech G510

Screenshot is from it on my own teamspeak server (didn't want to have a screenshot showing the AOD TS server)

Anyway, when someone speaks, it will show the active speaker over the title of the server (above the channel name) (I would prefer it to instead replace the teamspeak3 logo with the active speaker though)

Does anyone know when there will be a proper ARM version of teamspeak server? (would love to run it on a raspberry pi 2.0 since it has a decent CPU and 1GB of RAM)
    Last edited by Mokona512; 02-01-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Mokona512 View Post
    It works fine for me, Here is how it looks on the logitech G510

Screenshot is from it on my own teamspeak server (didn't want to have a screenshot showing the AOD TS server)

Anyway, when someone speaks, it will show the active speaker over the title of the server (above the channel name) (I would prefer it to instead replace the teamspeak3 logo with the active speaker though)

Does anyone know when there will be a proper ARM version of teamspeak server? (would love to run it on a raspberry pi 2.0 since it has a decent CPU and 1GB of RAM)
    hmm you mean ts3 server (not client there is a client for Android already) on Android OS? don't think it's coming any time soon at least

Which button is shoot again.....? AOD Member AOD_Mickgoth's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Just buy a cheapy second monitor. I have a 19" LG monitor cost me £40 ($70?). i put recursion/PC temps-monitoring/TS3 on it.

I have been trying to find a way to put PS2 mini map in it. Some people say it has been done but i think it maybe thats BS

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...peak.ts3client

there is the ts3 client for Android that is used to connect to an ts3 servers anyway

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

What I am talking about is a TS3 server for the arm platform. A few users have tried x86 emulators on a raspberry pi , and was able to run the server with a small number of users (around 5-10 depending on overclock), and those emulators are horribly inefficient.

if there were a native ARM server, then it would likely easily handle a large number of users. It is a very light weight application, especially on the server side which is not really doing any CPU intensive encoding. (would will be even better with the raspberry pi 2 which is significantly faster than the first gen ones).

Overall there needs to be more development into the ARM server platform when it comes to light workloads.

A friend of mine currently runs a backup teamspeak server on an old asus eeePC for a clan that he is in, where if for any reason the VPS (digital oceans) ever has an issue with that causes downtime, the DNS is simply updated to point to his IP (he pays for a business connection with a static IP) (though for a $5 a month service, there is rarely any downtime). I just feel that for use cases like that, it would be interesting from a power saving perspective to simply have a server that will provide the hosting but use only 2-4 watts, instead of 7-15 watts on an old netbook.