Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! ZeroThaHero's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So I have a (physically) large request...

Seeing some of the photoshop art that you guys have produced in here amazes me! I'm creatively awful, with no hope of ever being able to pull off anything so awesome :O

For this reason, I wondering if any of you would be willing to take a stab at a collage like image, for a very specific purpose.

Backstory: the company I work for does some industrial and commercial sign production, and as such, they have a gigantic, incredible flatbed printer. This thing prints uv-cured ink at 1200dpi, on to any substrate from onionskin thickness, up to a couple inches thick. Being staff with the company, I can get things produced for cost +5%! This has given me an excellent plan, for which I now just need the actual material...

THIS is where you graphic wizards come in! I would like to have an image prepared for printing on to a sheet of clear adhesive-backed vinyl, to be applied to the side panel of my PC (I'm steering away from printing right on to the panel, in the event that I ever want to remove it :P) Ideally, I would like the image to feature the following aspects:

The side panel for the case is approximately 479mm wide x 450mm high. The graphic should allow at least 15mm blank perimeter, and as mentioned before, should be in a format suitable for 1200dpi printing. The format itself doesn't matter, our in-shop graphic design nerds have told me that they can make pretty well any graphic format that exists print on the thing :|

Anyone who chooses to attempt this is the ULTIMATE BRO! If the project moves forward, this is absolutely the first place that the photos will go. For reference, the case is a Fractal Design R3 Window, the image would be going on the opposite side from the window.

Also, here is some of the extreme death metal band logo inspiration I was talking about (thinking more splatter than angular, but still readable :P):

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Goldensnake1's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i will try to make something! will come back when it is done! will make it today i think (or atleast try) also, what do you mean by this? "a number of specific video-game related imagery, as follows:

Quake 3 (Quake Live) Tank Jr. model, ideally w/ rocket launcher in-hand
    Q3 (QL) Sarge model, ideally with railgun in-hand
    Counter-Strike: GO CT SAS character, ideally wielding AWP or M4A1-S
    CS:GO Terrorist Phoenix Connection character, ideally wielding AK-47
    Battlefield 4 M1A1 tank
    BF4 AH-1Z helicopter
    Starcraft Hydralisk
    DotA2 Pudge
    DotA2 Faceless Void"
    Last edited by Goldensnake1; 02-13-2015 at 08:15 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

update: i will try to make it when i get some more information! :)

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

What colour is the side pannel, would be nice to match the background to the side panel as transparency doesn't always work when printing.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Side panel is black, but our printer nerds should be able to ensure a transparent area prints properly.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Goldensnake1, my concept was to have the aforementioned models & characters in a central collage, all sort of facing outward from a central point, like they're leaping off the image. I'll make a (trash) MSPaint concept map when I'm on my PC later today.

That said, I'm absolutely open to someone crushing my plan with something far more creative or original

Which button is shoot again.....? AOD Member AOD_Mickgoth's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I'd like to see a screen shot of this when its done. Sounds like it could be awesome!

I've updated my privacy policy AOD Member AOD_Nozama's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

I'll work on something this evening perhaps
    "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    Plato

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

I may/may not work on something as/when I'm bored. Don't expect anything though. Will take me a few weeks if I come up with anything.

Lol... base image and 1200 pixels per inch is 1.8 GB. Might shove this project into a ram disk.

Knee High to a Worms Ass PRIAMFELIX's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sick!!!

I've updated my privacy policy AOD Member AOD_Nozama's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Yeah I did some drafts last night, it's huge and may get a little busy with the range of genre and number of assets.
    "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    Plato

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

sorry but this sems to hard for me to do! but i really hope that somebody else with the talent i donīt have makes an awesome picture! good luck! :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sorry it took so long, but here's my MSPaint concept render :| it greatly highlights my own design ability. The lines roughly depict facing line for the models or characters, looking like they're all sort of leaping out of the image, instead of a collage of separate stills.