Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Stiakas's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New keyboard

Hey, so I am looking for a new keyboard because my 10 euros microsoft has start breaking down.The max ammount of money I can give is 70-80 euros no more.What do you think will be the best choice to go?
    P.S. Some of you might tell me to go for the cm storm quickfire but i cant go for that cause I need a quite keyboard and a mechanical wont fit me.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New keyboard

Once you go mechanical, you will never go back!

The mechanical keyboards can come with different switches that can be silent or loud. The blue and green switches are the ones that click when typing. The brown, red, black and white are all silent. The only noise from the later switches can come from the thud when you bottom out the keys (habit formed from using the typical rubber dome keyboards). The thud can also be partially silenced by getting a rubber o-ring kit to put on the keycaps.

Anyway if you still feel like getting rubber domed keyboard then logitech, roccat, and razer have nicely featured models. I would definitely get one that is backlit.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a Zowie Celeritas with red switches, and they are not silent at all, even if i don't bottom them out. They are only silent if i don't bottom them out AND slowly realease them, which doesn't happen alot when using it. So i don't know how much the o-rings would help, because quick presses also make a lot of noise, and i imagine o-rings only help with bottoming out sound. I feel they are more reliable then rubber dome ones, because the rubber wears out differently depending how often the key is used. They are not ideal for really quick typing, because i make a lot of mistakes due to high sensitivity, although typing at my own pace is fine.

If i was buying again, i'd buy brown or blue switches, and if you want silence, go with rubber dome switches.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Do you suggest any keyboard in particular I was anyway between logitech and roccat

Take them down, ROBIN HOOD!! CARSTEN's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ModJPB View Post
    Once you go mechanical, you will never go back!

The mechanical keyboards can come with different switches that can be silent or loud. The blue and green switches are the ones that click when typing. The brown, red, black and white are all silent. The only noise from the later switches can come from the thud when you bottom out the keys (habit formed from using the typical rubber dome keyboards). The thud can also be partially silenced by getting a rubber o-ring kit to put on the keycaps.

Anyway if you still feel like getting rubber domed keyboard then logitech, roccat, and razer have nicely featured models. I would definitely get one that is backlit.
    Mechanical is love Mechanical is life

Take them down, ROBIN HOOD!! CARSTEN's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Stiakas View Post
    Hey, so I am looking for a new keyboard because my 10 euros microsoft has start breaking down.The max ammount of money I can give is 70-80 euros no more.What do you think will be the best choice to go?
    P.S. Some of you might tell me to go for the cm storm quickfire but i cant go for that cause I need a quite keyboard and a mechanical wont fit me.
    I have a steelseries apex mechanical theres keyboards like steelseries ones or corsair gaming mechanical keyboards thats all i can think of lol or maybe also Cm storm mechanical. Theres alot of mechanical keyboards you can find off the internet.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck MaNii's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
    Razer DeathStalker

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I jimmybrick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I get what you mean about the sound of a mechanical keyboard I have housemates and if I game late at night I switch to a non mechanical keyboard for that reason. I searched my local supplier and found this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...702&catid=2705 I hope that helps

Foxtrot, Unicorn, Charlie, Kilo Neotoad's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm a huge fan of the Corsair series of mechanical keyboards. I purchased the K70 a little under two years ago. It is fully mechanical, and each key is backlit. The only downside is some LEDs have gone out. Corsair honors their warranty, though, and I've heard from several people that the newer K70s aren't prone to the dead bulbs.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think I will go with the corair k50 that keyboard has more than I ask for