Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! jrdunny's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Need help

When I try to load up bf4 I get this "missing DLL: [MSVCP 110.dll] Error: 0x7E" does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I did this already "In the BF4 folder navigate into _Installer\VC\vc2012Update3\redist Run vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

did some quick googeling and two different sites mention the same fix.

answers.ea.com:
    That error indicates something is wrong with your system. Specifically your Microsoft Visual C++ installation.
    Try running the installer from the BF4 installation folder as administrator and then restart your computer. The default location of this installer is here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist

[Edited to include these details - EABarry]
    In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe. Run and install both versions, and your game should now launch without error.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue TankEffect's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

dll errors propably has to do with C++ redistributable error,although propably those two executables should have solved the problem, is the "C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012" installed on your computer??? if not you can find it from the official microsoft page. I found this redistributable connected to your problem from similar question, give it a shot :D

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i have it downloaded already

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Update the driver of your gpu if its not already up to date,also check if you are running bf4 for x64 (BF4 in Origin - Settings - BF4 x64), if you are running it in x64 ofc.
    Question though,have you changed anything from the last time you tried to play??? windows update maybe??

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thank you to everyone that helped and I figured out how to fix it all I had to was go to origin then to battlefield then I had to change the launch option from x64 to x86

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

glad we could help :D