Knee High to a Worms Ass Wherel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Mechanical Keyboard Cherry Color ??

Hello Everyone !

I want a new keyboard and I'm looking for a mechanical one. I need suggestion because I hesitate between Corsair K70, Logitech G710 or the Razer BlackWidow. What do you think ? My budget is approx. 150$CAD (approx: 120 USD). And If someone can explain me because I really don't understand exactly what is the difference between Cherry Blue, Brown, Green and Red.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Stiakas's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well I am not an expert but as far as I know blue ones are better for typing, red ones better for gaming and browns is somethink in the middle and more quite than the other ones.I have no idea for greens but if I were you I would go with brown with the logitech g710 keyboard.
    Good games with any keyboard you will go for. :)

Save the whales. Collect the whole set SazzyPazz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Razer uses cheap chinese green switches for their keyboards. I recommend a K70. I use a K90 and its amazing.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Almost everythign you need to know about mech keyboards:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/of...keyboard-guide

As long as the switches are Cherry MX [colour] switched they're decent switches.

If your after an extensive list of recommended keybaord, sorry about the overclock.net link again but, I know this guy and he's owned/test almost every mech keyboard out there:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1369214/r...ical-keyboards

Other than that it's a personal choice.

TL;DR The difference between the switches is the actuation point/weight and the internal design of the switch changing it's feel and responsiveness from free flowing and with no tactile feedback (blacks/reds) to clicky and with a tonne of feed back (blues/Greens), with a few thrown in the middle (Browns).
    Last edited by AOD_BritishBob; 02-23-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Mechanical Keyboard Cherry Color ??

I love Brown with rubber oring inserts.

Green and Blue are tactile a clicky. It has a clicking noise everytime you push a key sort of like a loud mouse click. tactile gives you a bump while pushing the button similar to what a rubber domed keyboard feels like.

Brown switches keeps the tactile feeling but does not click.

Black and red switches have no click or tactile feeling. It feels like a pushing down on light weight springs, very smooth.

The tactile feeling is good for typing becauss it helps the user "feel" when the key activates before the user sees it on the screen. It helps helps not bottom out the keys while typing so you dont constantly get the banging noise.

No tactile is good for purely gaming. They are smooth, easy, and less fatigueing. Some people complain that they make more mistakes while typing with these and also without the bump then there is usually more button smashing and bottoming out noise.

Theclicking noise is good if you liked the noise of an old typewriter and like to give your neighbors a headache. Why they still make the blue and green switches is beyond me. They are noisey and annoying.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I EpicBlob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Recently bought a Razer Blackwidow tourney edition with orange switches (essentially brown) and have been loving them for typing. Owned a microsoft sidewinder x4 prior to this and my typing speed has increased dramatically with this new keyboard. I use a razer orbweaver with red switches for movement and brown for the rest of the keys cause its nice to know when you activated the reload button. Browns are still loud as I tend to bottom out and hit the key to the keyboard, but buying o-rings should solve that minor setback.

Also, look more into the razer switches. They really aren't bad, its just that cherry has been the only real switch seller for pretty much ever. I actually find my razer keys move around less (when you swirl your finger on the top of the key) than how much my cherry keys move around.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

So the reason greens and blues are still around is because of the tactile feedback. The feedback make noise and the noise means there's feedback. Blues and greens aren't aimed at gamers though. They're aimed at people who type a lot. It's actually better for typists to have a solid as reliable action point that you can feel before just bottoming out. Anyway that's why they still exist.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BritishBob View Post
    So the reason greens and blues are still around is because of the tactile feedback. The feedback make noise and the noise means there's feedback. Blues and greens aren't aimed at gamers though. They're aimed at people who type a lot. It's actually better for typists to have a solid as reliable action point that you can feel before just bottoming out. Anyway that's why they still exist.
    Yes, but the browns have the tactile feedback without the click noise. Soo why choose blues over browns? I cant understand why people would want noise. It is not subtle noise either, the blues are very loud.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Andromeda's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hi, I own the Corsair K70 Cherry MX and honestly I kinda regret buying it just because of how loud it is. No other complaints otherwise besides maybe the keys feel kinda deep.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ModJPB View Post
    Yes, but the browns have the tactile feedback without the click noise. Soo why choose blues over browns? I cant understand why people would want noise. It is not subtle noise either, the blues are very loud.
    Personal preference. I have blues. I like the weight better than browns. I also don't care about noise.