Tribute to those who died for our freedom.

This is my tribute to those men who faught to free Europe and my beloved home from the nazi control.
Close to 200 000 often very young, yet very brave men from the US, Britain, Canada, and Australia and New Zealand serving under british command but also France participated in what is, and what will hopefully remain the largest modern battle in history.

Tomorow, we will celebrate the 75th anniversary of allied landing in Normandy. It is time for people of Europe and more particularly for the people of France to say :
‘’ Thank you !’’
Thank you ! We have not and, we will never forget the sacrifice of so many lives, the sacrifice of so many wives, fathers, mothers….

Let us not forget either the, ever so important participation of The resistance group, first in France, but also in Belgium and in the Netherland without whom this operation could have not been possible.

Tomorrow I will have special thoughts to the men we call ‘’Les malgré nous.’’ AGAINST OUR WILL. Thousands of young french men from Alsace/Moselle that were incorporated by force into the Occupying forces. This part of France that was regained by the french after the 14-18 war and that his home to my forfather’s.

I will also have a special thougt for the men of Commando Kieffer, yet the most famous army corp in France. 172 men that were the only french soldiers to participate in the landing and fought all the way to the Netherlands. Only 24 of them made it to the liberation.

Tomorrow I will watch the celebration on TV and I will make sure my kids get a clear picture of why we should all be so greatfull.