Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Anyone offering help for Maya?

I am trying to learn how to use MAYA, the autodesk product used to make 3-d models and/or animate. I was wondering if anyone knows some tips and could possible help me out on how to be a better modeler. I already have two years of experience in 3ds-Max, however we recently just switched to MAYA (3-d animation course in HS). Anyway, if anyone wants to offer me some help, that would be awesome.

Thanks, Javafox

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

One of the best ways to learn it, is to first have the class/ teacher get all of the basics covered, then move onto tutorials. I recommend this because probably 99.9% of the tutorials you find will claim to be simple, or be targeted at beginners, but assume that you have mastered every single function of the application, thus they never cover the steps in between (and you end up wondering how they got to the next step), thus it gets easy to get lost part way through the tutorials. If your school is offering classes on MAYA, especially if it is free, then definitely take them up on it, I largely ended up giving up on it because I did not have that initial support.

(For more complex objects, many tutorials will make use of other applications such as mudbox and ZBrush)