Can I have your Tots Optimacaroni's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Star wars imperial commando 2017?? Fake or real?

So for those that don't know(which are probably a lot) there has been going on a rumor about Star Wars Imperial Commando, the sequel to the 2005 star wars game Star Wars Republic Commando. Imperial Commando is a game that was already in the works after the 1st game but got cancelled. For those that don't know, Star Wars Republic Commando is a fps focussed on singleplayer(there was multiplayer though), following the story of the legendary Delta Squad, a squad superior to other clone troopers. They have been trained for deadly missions that other clones couldn't do.
    We are over 10 years later, and out of nowhere a rumor starts about a possibility of Star Wars Imperial Commando. https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLea...veal_incoming/
    In the reddit post, the author who seems to work for EA, says that there is coming a sequel to Republic Commando. He says the following:
    Release will be November 2017.
    It will be released for Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo NX and PC.
    No surprise: The engine will be FrostBite. SW:IC will use FrostBite 4.
    Main focus will be on the campaign, but it will have an multiplayer. CoD like (small maps, fast paced, etc)
    The biggest feature: Coop! SW:IC will deliver the best experience when played by 4 players!
    Each player has unique gadgets and features. The leader (RC-1138) can give orders to the others.
    The HUD and the helmet-view will even be more important than in Republic Commando.
    There will be vehicles, only in some few parts of the game (Halo-like).
    Environment will mostly be destructible and take effect on the world (Shoot some glass in space= everything will get soaked out)
    Since its mostly an storydriven game, it will have a f*ckin huge campaign and a lot of planets of the universe (+20hours).
    There will be an app, that can be used as second screen (like the fallout 4 pippoy) for gadgets/weapons/radar.....
    No infos on DLC, sorry.

He also speaks of a website that is under construction atm, where you can see a login screen, where you have to use one of the squad member's name and a random password. If you have logged in you will see a countdown which will expire on June 15th when EA was going to do their conference but a couple of days ago EA said that they will not have a conference but only an EA PLAY thingie which makes this a little bit less real. He also says that the trailer will be 3 minutes long.

Now my opinion about this:
    It is a bit weird that someone would leak this kind of stuff even though he/she made a new reddit account. He also says that the campaign will be 20+ hours which is really much if im right. I'm not playing that much singleplayer games anymore but I have heard people saying that the average campaign is like 5-8 hours, 10 max? Even though it is still 1 and a half year away, which means plenty of time to create such big campaign.
    I really hope that the rumor is true, but I fear that it might be fake which it probably is(even though my heart would break if this rumor would be fake).
    I don't want it to be fake! Some people like me have been waiting for a Sequel to the best star wars game ever for over 10 years and if it would finally happen, I think im going to cry.

What are your thoughts about this Rumor? do you think this is complete bullshit or is this sequel going to be reality? We will see soon I hope...

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If it's real, I doubt I'll get it. Knowing how EA makes their games, I'm quite honestly not that interested.

I absolutely guarantee you that it'll be some half assed campaign cobbled together (might be better depending on the studio making it though), and it'll have DLC out the ass.

People get excited that talks about these old fun games are being remade with modern technology. I've heard people get excited over the possibility of a new KOTOR game. Don't misunderstand me, I would love to play a modern looking game like KOTOR or Republic Commando, but we all know EA and their lame business practices, and I honestly feel that while they have a stranglehold over all Star Wars games for the foreseeable future thanks to Disney, any expectations should be kept to a minimum.

Keep honking. I'm reloading FinnaOne's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    If it's real, I doubt I'll get it. Knowing how EA makes their games, I'm quite honestly not that interested..
    Agreed.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    If it's real, I doubt I'll get it. Knowing how EA makes their games, I'm quite honestly not that interested.

I absolutely guarantee you that it'll be some half assed campaign cobbled together (might be better depending on the studio making it though), and it'll have DLC out the ass.

People get excited that talks about these old fun games are being remade with modern technology. I've heard people get excited over the possibility of a new KOTOR game. Don't misunderstand me, I would love to play a modern looking game like KOTOR or Republic Commando, but we all know EA and their lame business practices, and I honestly feel that while they have a stranglehold over all Star Wars games for the foreseeable future thanks to Disney, any expectations should be kept to a minimum.
    I fucking hate EA, they ruined starwars battlefront... I mean yeah it looks pretty... but honestly this video sums up EA right here and it was made like 3 years ago.

A closed mouth gathers no foot
    Rank
    Command Sergeant
    Division
    New World
    Status
    Active

How much time have you put into the game Zush? You are aware that we have a Division for the game right and that AOD fully supports it, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Zusheqiel View Post
    I fucking hate EA, they ruined starwars battlefront... I mean yeah it looks pretty... but honestly this video sums up EA right here and it was made like 3 years ago.

To show our appreciation, for having so much power, we keep Heaven stocked with fresh souls. We are Angels of Death

"Neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet"

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

You don't have to like the games, but there's no reason to blatantly shit talk them on the forums, especially not one we currently have a division for.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I played enough of it on my brothers system as well as researched it because I was going to buy it. What the game offers at it's base price is not much. It is over priced on its own. To get a slightly better game overall you'll have to pay well over $100. There's no story mode and if they have or are making one it's probably a DLC. They DLCed the hell out of it. Classes were removed and replaced with some odd card selection from what I know many are very useless. A lot of the guns are pretty much the same. Conquest which was in both of the previous games and were a good hit was also removed. Ship battles were more or less dumbed down. There are quite a few more but this was just off the top of my head. It looks cool, but thats where it stops for me.

I don't mean to offend any of you. This is more or less my opinion. I'm sure a few of you will get upset and try to prove me wrong or put me down, you do that for the things you love. So go ahead, have at it.

If you want to complain about me playing planetside 2, go ahead, where do you want to start? The pay to win aspect it has, the overpriced microtransactions, the harsh learning curve, typical bugs, the spam TK'ing (I mean really just checked my steps of how many times i've been TK'ed and wow).

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Zusheqiel View Post
    I played enough of it on my brothers system as well as researched it because I was going to buy it. What the game offers at it's base price is not much. It is over priced on its own. To get a slightly better game overall you'll have to pay well over $100. There's no story mode and if they have or are making one it's probably a DLC. They DLCed the hell out of it. Classes were removed and replaced with some odd card selection from what I know many are very useless. A lot of the guns are pretty much the same. Conquest which was in both of the previous games and were a good hit was also removed. Ship battles were more or less dumbed down. There are quite a few more but this was just off the top of my head. It looks cool, but thats where it stops for me.

I don't mean to offend any of you. This is more or less my opinion. I'm sure a few of you will get upset and try to prove me wrong or put me down, you do that for the things you love. So go ahead, have at it.

If you want to complain about me playing planetside 2, go ahead, where do you want to start? The pay to win aspect it has, the overpriced microtransactions, the harsh learning curve, typical bugs, the spam TK'ing (I mean really just checked my steps of how many times i've been TK'ed and wow).

I don't think anyone is trying to keep you from voicing your opinion, nor are we going to put you down or prove you wrong.

There are games that AOD supports which I'm not particularly fond of (I actually enjoy PS2). But I'm not going to take to the forums or vehemently bash those games because I feel the need to tell people.

Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well when I initially posted my opinion, I forgot there was a battlefront division (whoops). After that I was just preparing for the backlash.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sometimes she goes, sometimes she don't. Way of the road.

Can I have your Tots Optimacaroni's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Guys keep in mind, This thread is about Imperial Commando not about Star Wars Battlefront, not that im forcing you(got it? forcing? jedi? hihihihihi!).

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i have to agree with the others here, republic commando was EPIC. I would hands down love to continue the franchise, but sadly the video did sum up most peoples thoughts on EA's business practices. Instead of taking their time they will rush it to publication and the community will all buy it up than yell at them and quit unless they make it like a battlefield vice a squad tactical shooter. I dunno i hate that they are buying up all the good IP's out there and with them having Disney in there pocket they just got all the great lucas arts ip's.