Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Anyone doing the MSI MB promo for Total War: Warhammer?

Buy a MSI MB, get Total War: Warhammer for free on steam.

Anyone doing/done that?

Is there anything you need to have to register the MB on there? (like serial number of the MB if there is one? [I dunno])

My new PC from cyberpower is coming this Friday, it has one of the MB's on the list, I wanna be able to mail them and ask for any info on the MB that MSI needs to register it; hopefully without opening my case and trying to get any info off the MB, would prolly be covered up by stuff installed anyway.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TekNicTerror View Post
    Buy a MSI MB, get Total War: Warhammer for free on steam.

Anyone doing/done that?

Is there anything you need to have to register the MB on there? (like serial number of the MB if there is one? [I dunno])

My new PC from cyberpower is coming this Friday, it has one of the MB's on the list, I wanna be able to mail them and ask for any info on the MB that MSI needs to register it; hopefully without opening my case and trying to get any info off the MB, would prolly be covered up by stuff installed anyway.
    I did not do it for MSI and Total War but I did it for ASUS and World of Warships. I had to register motherboard with ASUS for warranty and then I could apply for the World of Warships promo code. I think it should be similar concept for MSI too since they use same system as ASUS to register their products for warranty.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am asking for what is needed to do so for MSI... if you had not done so for MSI, then it is of no help, doesn't matter if they have the same system, doesn't mean they have the same questions.

But what did ASUS ask you for? As in what sort of proof of owning one the products for the promo (cuz anyone can just register and say they got one)? I was taking a guess at there being some sort of serial number (which could be on the MB or on the manual or something it came with) as I have never built a PC, so I wouldn't know.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am asking for what is needed to do so for MSI... if you had not done so for MSI, then it is of no help, doesn't matter if they have the same system, doesn't mean they have the same questions.

But what did ASUS ask you for? As in what sort of proof of owning one the products for the promo (cuz anyone can just register and say they got one)? I was taking a guess at there being some sort of serial number (which could be on the MB or on the manual or something it came with) as I have never built a PC, so I wouldn't know.
    I've registered plenty of MSI products and their system is exactly the same as ASUS.
    You have to register your product for warranty by providing serial number and a proof of purchase (receipt or invoice), the store you purchased at and date.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

BTW, where would the serial number be on the motherboard? In case I have to open the case to see it, thou I will not remove any parts to see it, other than just moving wires around to see it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

BTW, where would the serial number be on the motherboard? In case I have to open the case to see it, thou I will not remove any parts to see it, other than just moving wires around to see it.
    Option 1. If you have original box of the motherboard then on the box.

Option 2. Or you can do that in Windows Command Prompt
    1. Go to Search, type cmd, and open Command Prompt
    2. In the Command Prompt, enter the following command and press Enter:
    wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Custom built PC, wont be any boxes of any of the parts.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wow, I got my PC yesturday, and they actually did put in the MB's box, which had a sticker on it with the serial number on it; so I was able to register it.

But the problem is when I go to redeem for the Warhammer game, they ask for the second serial and I am told it is only on the motherboard itself (pic showing the serial locations on MB).

So is there no where else to find it?

I opened my case's windowed side to really look at the MB, but my GTX 1070 (and possibly a wireless/bluetooth card as well) is right over that spot. I also looked to see if I could see the first serial too, but I didn't see that either.

I emailed my sales rep/support guy whose been dealing with me since I ordered, asked if there is a record of the second serial to give to me, and if not to ask one of the builder techs to grab a new MB of the same model to get me new serials.

If anyone knows of another spot to find the second serial (that's not on the MB itself), let me know please. I would really like to get this as a free game.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wow, I got my PC yesturday, and they actually did put in the MB's box, which had a sticker on it with the serial number on it; so I was able to register it.

But the problem is when I go to redeem for the Warhammer game, they ask for the second serial and I am told it is only on the motherboard itself (pic showing the serial locations on MB).

So is there no where else to find it?

I opened my case's windowed side to really look at the MB, but my GTX 1070 (and possibly a wireless/bluetooth card as well) is right over that spot. I also looked to see if I could see the first serial too, but I didn't see that either.

I emailed my sales rep/support guy whose been dealing with me since I ordered, asked if there is a record of the second serial to give to me, and if not to ask one of the builder techs to grab a new MB of the same model to get me new serials.

If anyone knows of another spot to find the second serial (that's not on the MB itself), let me know please. I would really like to get this as a free game.
    Did you try to do this in Windows???

Option 2. Or you can do that in Windows Command Prompt
    1. Go to Search, type cmd, and open Command Prompt
    2. In the Command Prompt, enter the following command and press Enter:
    wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Never heard of that, and it worked; or well at least they took it; takes about 7 days to confirm it and then I'll get a steam key for the game if they validate it.

If they deny me, would be since I got the MB as part of a new PC (but I did choose this MB myself since I liked the specs, and was 4 bucks cheaper than the default one) and CyberPower isn't in their promotion, otherwise I'd likely not have to do this serial and registering with MSI crap.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Never heard of that, and it worked;
    I posted that earlier on this thread if you scroll up. You must have missed it or skipped it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Guess so, but I got my TW:Warhammer key in mail, so everything worked out.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Guess so, but I got my TW:Warhammer key in mail, so everything worked out.
    Good stuff!