Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon5 Turn off Windows 10 disk space notification?

I've tried a few things to turn off the stupid disk space notification. Suffice it to say registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoLowDiscSpaceChecks"=dword:00000001 doesn't do it. I'm not buying more drives - I know how I have the drives and space setup - it is how I want/need it.

Any other ideas? I'm only supporting Windows 7 and below at work and haven't had time to skill up on 8 or 10 fully. Several things were on technet but none were useful.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_z404Error View Post
    I've tried a few things to turn off the stupid disk space notification. Suffice it to say registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoLowDiscSpaceChecks"=dword:00000001 doesn't do it. I'm not buying more drives - I know how I have the drives and space setup - it is how I want/need it.

Any other ideas? I'm only supporting Windows 7 and below at work and haven't had time to skill up on 8 or 10 fully. Several things were on technet but none were useful.
    I don't think you CAN turn them off. How large are your drives and what are they filled with? If it's stuff you don't play alot or use alot it can probably be deleted.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    I don't think you CAN turn them off. How large are your drives and what are they filled with? If it's stuff you don't play alot or use alot it can probably be deleted.
    I basically have an older (ancient) SSD dedicated as readyboost - 32gb. You'd think it would turn off the notifications for that drive since it is dedicated. No such luck!