Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Why not Discord?

Just out of curiosity, why does AoD love its TeamSpeak, but not Discord?
    I don't have a ton of experience with either, but would love to hear that pros and cons of each.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

https://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=177043

In short, TS is the best platform for AOD to use at the current point in time as decided by leadership(They have considered it, just not something that would be a net gain for the clan at the moment).

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Darkeligos View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why does AoD love its TeamSpeak, but not Discord?
    I don't have a ton of experience with either but would love to hear that pros and cons of each.
    Well the software engineers and I use Discord, and most communities such as Smite, Ashes OF Creation, all have their own discords.

Simply Discord seems to be a better APP when it comes to cross-platform such as getting messages on mobile devices.

AOD may choose not to use it for the clan specifically but I use it for getting messages especially since I am away from my PC for a day or a few days at a time and need to get more important messages, links and such it's much easier to use.

Discord does have some technically problems though such as adjusting volume on other apps and not resetting it back afterwards if using the volume lower thing, but Team Speak does suck too when your playing PUBG for example, and you cant hear enemys cuz everyone else is talking only way around that is having a hotkey to mute team speak so you can hear them foot steps then enable after the fight.

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? ShadowCube's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Lilith View Post

Discord does have some technically problems though such as adjusting volume on other apps and not resetting it back afterwards if using the volume lower thing, but Team Speak does suck too when your playing PUBG for example, and you cant hear enemys cuz everyone else is talking only way around that is having a hotkey to mute team speak so you can hear them foot steps then enable after the fight.
    There is a plugins/add ins that supports TS so that the volume automatically turns up or down depending if someone is talking or the game is producing sounds.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk