Keep honking. I'm reloading Cele's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Computer keeps turning off

So yesterday I accidentally shook my computer case while it was on and it turned off. After I tried to turn it on my fans spun for a second and then turned off and after a few tries it turned back on. But only to shut off about ten minutes later. Then again, I turned it back on and it didn't shut off on me for the rest of the day. I thought I was in the clear until this morning when it randomly shut off on me about 20 minutes after I turned it on. It does not give any warnings at all, it just shuts off. I have a corsair power supply which seems to be very durable if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Edit: I checked my computers temp without launching overwatch and it fluctuates between 70-90 which I believe is way too hot. MY computers fans are all on and I believe the airflow is setup well.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Update: I had a clanny check out my computer via teamviewer and he couldn't find anything wrong with the software side. I reset all of my connections and am waiting to see if I have any more troubles.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Cele View Post
    Update: I had a clanny check out my computer via teamviewer and he couldn't find anything wrong with the software side. I reset all of my connections and am waiting to see if I have any more troubles.
    70 - 90 C in idle that is super hot. Mine doesn't get above 65C even at full load. Normal idle temps are 20 - 30C.
    What cooling you have on your CPU? Is it air or liquid?

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Well you said your shook your computer see if somehow you dislodged the cpu cooler. Try to re mount it.
    Meep Meep

Knee High to a Worms Ass AOD Member AOD_BAKER's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Qrow View Post
    Well you said your shook your computer see if somehow you dislodged the cpu cooler. Try to re mount it.
    I agree. How old is the PC? If you are going to check it I would say go get you some cooler paste, take the whole processor fan off after power is removed, and clean off the paste and install some new. That helps to keep the processor cooler also. Might help plus the paste is about 5 bucks. Also while your in there just make sure every fan connection on the motherboard is completely seated. Loose connections can cause the fans to turn on and off too. Sounds like you jarred something loose and now you have to find it. I also would check to see if ALL the fans turn by hand the same. One might be harder to turn than the others and might n Ed to be replaced. Just my two cents. Good luck and keep us posted cause I'm sure there are many other things to check too.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Update: I unplugged a bunch of stuff and plugged it back in and everything seems to be working smoothly. Thanks for your help.