Graphics: AMD R9 290x

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5" OEM

HDD: Seagate Barracudaź 1TB

DVD driver: ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24F1MT

Power supply: Cooler Master G650M, 650W PSU

Monitor: BenQ 24" LED GL2450

Headset: ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Digital Headset

Mice: Razer deathadder crhoma

I have trouble with runing BF4 smoothly with these specs. It lags, and FPS drops. May be client or it may be server related, or both.

But what can I do to max out my rig to handle bf4 better?

any suggestions? :)

Can I have your Tots Ricardoy26's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Ghztr_11 View Post
    CPU: AMD FX-8320 Black Edition, Socket-AM3+

Cooler: Cooler Master V8 GTS

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z, Socket-A

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 4GB Red x 4

Graphics: AMD R9 290x

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5" OEM

HDD: Seagate Barracudaź 1TB

DVD driver: ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24F1MT

Power supply: Cooler Master G650M, 650W PSU

Monitor: BenQ 24" LED GL2450

Headset: ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Digital Headset

Mice: Razer deathadder crhoma

I have trouble with runing BF4 smoothly with these specs. It lags, and FPS drops. May be client or it may be server related, or both.

But what can I do to max out my rig to handle bf4 better?

any suggestions? :)
    I suppouse you might be suffering from what im actually getting, your rig is fine, here is the question do you actually get high fps and then eventually you get like random freeze/bottlenecks feels and then it comes back?

Because for me and what apparently was happening is that bf 4 was using only 2 out of 4 cores. In my case im using a i5 3.50Ghz quad core, and i have a gtx 980 as my gpu, so i do run the game in 110-120 fps with no problems but i do get random moments where it just freeze or attempt to, and then goes back again, i suppouse it might be related to the game not using all the cores that you actually have and instead overload the ones its actually using. Bf4 like Arma 3 are games that are heavy cpu load for reasons that are really unknown to me.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Ghztr_11's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Ricardoy26 View Post
    I suppouse you might be suffering from what im actually getting, your rig is fine, here is the question do you actually get high fps and then eventually you get like random freeze/bottlenecks feels and then it comes back?

Because for me and what apparently was happening is that bf 4 was using only 2 out of 4 cores. In my case im using a i5 3.50Ghz quad core, and i have a gtx 980 as my gpu, so i do run the game in 110-120 fps with no problems but i do get random moments where it just freeze or attempt to, and then goes back again, i suppouse it might be related to the game not using all the cores that you actually have and instead overload the ones its actually using. Bf4 like Arma 3 are games that are heavy cpu load for reasons that are really unknown to me.
    My fps lives on its own! Not stable at all. I can go from 155 fps to as low as 45 fps drops. Its driving me insane! Why cant my freakin system just deliver me a steady 70-80 fps? That would have made me so mutch more happy.
    Ive tried it all do get bf4 more stable, but no matter what I do, it doesent seem to help.

May have to OC my CPU and see if that makes a difference.

But in the end off the day. We all know that BF4 is a program of clusterfuck. Patched over and over and over and over.... It has to have world record of some kind for being so messed up.
    Not that I can put my finger on that this is a BF4 problem, driver problem, hardware problem, etc etc :P

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Louie21's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I always close my browser (Firefox) which seems to stop the drops. It's a pain to change servers if you want to switch tho. Your not alone. Its better than it used to be, but I hope bf1 fixes this

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Ghztr_11 View Post
    My fps lives on its own! Not stable at all. I can go from 155 fps to as low as 45 fps drops. Its driving me insane! Why cant my freakin system just deliver me a steady 70-80 fps? That would have made me so mutch more happy.
    Ive tried it all do get bf4 more stable, but no matter what I do, it doesent seem to help.

May have to OC my CPU and see if that makes a difference.

But in the end off the day. We all know that BF4 is a program of clusterfuck. Patched over and over and over and over.... It has to have world record of some kind for being so messed up.
    Not that I can put my finger on that this is a BF4 problem, driver problem, hardware problem, etc etc :P
    Ok, im going to try something and i let you know if it worked for me.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Louie21 View Post
    I always close my browser (Firefox) which seems to stop the drops. It's a pain to change servers if you want to switch tho. Your not alone. Its better than it used to be, but I hope bf1 fixes this

Sent from my Nexus 6P
    I close everything on my PC that I dont need to run it. All apps and fun stuff that none never will get use for is disabled.
    My so called tweaks has tho forced me to re-install my OS 2 times

Yeah I really hope that BF1 will be better. Im hoping for at least it is as smooth as battlefront was.
    Even in the beta battlefront was better then bf4 when it came to fps and drops, and graphics.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Ricardoy26 View Post
    Ok, im going to try something and i let you know if it worked for me.
    Cool :) Let me know :)

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My first thing to say is that AMD is not the best choice for a Gaming CPU. If you have some money you could upgrade to an i5-4690k and a Z97 Motherboard to save some money by not replacing RAM in the process. Then you add a cheap cooler like a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, and you have a cheap Intel OC setup. Also, your 290X might be a determining factor. However, we are entering a GPU generation change and AMD's RX 480 is looking pretty nice. Along with Nvidia's 1070. Personally, I'm an Intel/Nvidia gamer, but AMD does make some formidable GPU's.

If you don't have any money, OC your CPU and GPU. Although, unstable framerates can also be fixed by turning on Vertical Sync in Adaptive mode. You might experience Screen Tearing though. Also experement with settings. Turn off useless things like Motion Blur and FOV based blurring (Edges of vision are blurred, but not center.) and reduce AA.

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

On a side-note: Try enabling V-Sync, some people may bash on it, but they generally dont know what there talking about.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Grady666 View Post
    On a side-note: Try enabling V-Sync, some people may bash on it, but they generally dont know what there talking about.
    Wouldnt have any problem with having v-sync on. Only problem is that it causes input lag that I cant play with.

But the last couple of days, I have had big fps drops down to low 30 :/

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Vsync shouldnt cause input lag. Have you tried going into the Nvidia control panel and setting "max pre-rendered frames" to 1?

Sent from the OG100-X Mobile Satellite Communications Hub

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can help you later tonight, 7-8PM EAT via Teamviewer and try to fix it for you.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    My first thing to say is that AMD is not the best choice for a Gaming CPU. If you have some money you could upgrade to an i5-4690k and a Z97 Motherboard to save some money by not replacing RAM in the process. Then you add a cheap cooler like a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, and you have a cheap Intel OC setup. Also, your 290X might be a determining factor. However, we are entering a GPU generation change and AMD's RX 480 is looking pretty nice. Along with Nvidia's 1070. Personally, I'm an Intel/Nvidia gamer, but AMD does make some formidable GPU's.

If you don't have any money, OC your CPU and GPU. Although, unstable framerates can also be fixed by turning on Vertical Sync in Adaptive mode. You might experience Screen Tearing though. Also experement with settings. Turn off useless things like Motion Blur and FOV based blurring (Edges of vision are blurred, but not center.) and reduce AA.
    Yeah I learned that the hard way. AMD is not the first ''go-to'' for CPU. Next CPU will be a intel for sure. They are known for being stable.
    At the moment, I do have money, but I think it is a waste to buy something when its obvious more to get out of my PC. Its not the best PC but it should run BF4 pretty mutch pain free. And i doesent.

That tells me that this is more of a game software problem/driver problem.

But yeah, having a more powerfull CPU would may have changed things to the better. Tho I have NO idea how to OC.

I tried it last night. I sat my multiplier to 20 in bios, and boom. System shutdown :/ I was told that i could to that with my MB and CPU without changing anything else. Obviously not -..-

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can OC remotely for you, albeit Via AMD's OC software. Your correct though, your hardware shouldn't have a problem pulling a consistent 60FPS at high settings, it's not your drivers. It's a software related issue entirely, at least that's what I beleive.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can OC remotely for you, albeit Via AMD's OC software. Your correct though, your hardware shouldn't have a problem pulling a consistent 60FPS at high settings, it's not your drivers. It's a software related issue entirely, at least that's what I beleive.

That would have been awesome :) Tho I have disabled build-in remote control in windows :P Do you use software to remote help?

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_Warlon's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Hold the phone, V-Sync does create Input Lag. If it didn't, then NVidia wouldn't have developed Gsync and AMD wouldn't be offering Freesync. My suggestion is turn AA to the lowest, turn down or off HBAO, and lower shadow resolution. These graphics settings are going to have the biggest performance impact on your system.

I have almost the same setup as you, with the exception that my CPU is an I7 4770k.

Cadet Warlon | Activision ID: Warlon Xbox Live: WarlonX

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Vsync shouldnt cause input lag. Have you tried going into the Nvidia control panel and setting "max pre-rendered frames" to 1?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well it didnt work what i tried, its really weird thought, since i used to play Battlefield 4 with 60-80 fps using my gtx 580 sc now that i have my gtx 980 sc is doing crazy stuff lol, 120 fps and then suddently goes down and then backs up, but while it goes down it does this freeze that is annoying me quite bad.

To be honest, is the game that is utterly bad optimized, believe it or not, theres no other reason why meeting more than recomended to have this sorts of issues, even if you turn options down or disable, you notice its the same result. So i think i will go with just weirdness from Bf 4 .

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am totaly going to blame this on a hell of a bad optimized game by DICE/EA,

I have no problem runing CS:GO with 300 fps. Almost no issue with GTA5 on ultra, it runs smooth. But BF4? Hell no. Its almost like DICE/EA tries to force the gamers to learn how to hotfix the game for them.

I am settling down with that my PC its not the best, but its defo not that bad that it shouldnt run bf4 smoother then it does.

Lack of support from AMD and DICE on bf4 = Shitty experience.

Will buy a 120 Hz monitor and then V-sync BF4. Its the best solution I can come up with now for the game.

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_Warlon's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

He's using an AMD card Grady, also what is your resolution scale at? Make sure it's set to 100%
    Last edited by AOD_Warlon; 06-07-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Cadet Warlon | Activision ID: Warlon Xbox Live: WarlonX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast