Can I have your Tots JamMasterJules's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon4 Artifacting to Black Screent

Gotta love trying to RMA a video card because it artifacts when trying to play streaming video from like youtube and having support go ooooo here you go updated bios drivers. You update the bios and that fixes the issue but now your screen randomly goes black and speakers buzz for a minute when trying to play battlefield 4!!! I can play randomly from time to time but I will not be on as much due to this issue sigh!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Makes me wonder if you grabbed the wrong driver...

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_JamMasterJules View Post
    Gotta love trying to RMA a video card because it artifacts when trying to play streaming video from like youtube and having support go ooooo here you go updated bios drivers. You update the bios and that fixes the issue but now your screen randomly goes black and speakers buzz for a minute when trying to play battlefield 4!!! I can play randomly from time to time but I will not be on as much due to this issue sigh!
    Flashing(Updating; Its called flashing because the BIOS is stored on an IC that uses EEPROM[Electronically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory] persisted by the Flat-cell 1.5v "ROM" <--commonly refferred to as the "ROM", Its incorrect its the battery that enables the BIOS to persist/save its configuration upon shutdown, unlike Memory or Cache wich is Volatile memory IE not persisted when power is turned off) your Cards/Boards BIOS should NOT be the first thing suport tells you do try; You risk bricking your Graphics card/Board completely-

Also, since your graphics card does get output after flashing the BIOS, it didn't get bricked so thats good; What card are you using, and what driver version? Try using this program: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html and uninstalling("Clean & Restart" option) your graphics card driver, then installing the most recent previous verified WHQL/Catalyst(non-beta) driver to see if that works.

If you OC, tell me all that information as well; that can cause issues as well