Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! BaronVonDelta's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default British tanks: Am I doing something wrong?

So during the last sale I bought the British pack (Wyvern, Black Prince, and STRV), but for some reason I don't do very well with them. Fuel tanks and ammo eating rounds, my previous tank experience of being used to shooting center of mass with APCBC and APHE, as well as my unfamiliarity with facing most 5.7-7.7 tanks from the front besides front plate of the tiger 1 and mantlet of the panther and T-44. Also german planes and spaa shred my Wyvern, but I have the feeling it's in part to my inexperience with it.

Note: My highest vehicles on regular tech are Sherman firefly, 57mm Churchill, Achilles(premium and regular), and 20mm AC

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Shad0wCatcher's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you're used to playing Russian / German line (sounds like it with the whole center mass bit with APCBC[filler]) there is a large difficulty spike due to the overperformance of filled rounds. The Wyvern is fast, but it's also very heavy, much like the P-47 you don't turn with it. The Black Prince is in a weird spot at 6.0 thanks to BR compression as it mostly gets uptiered. It's a 76 mm gun on a churchill MK VII chassis. The STRV is slightly better off with the gen 1 ATGM and APDS; but as with all non-filled rounds they aren't shrapnelling enough once they pen, so you have to crew snipe.

Most of your problems are certainly inexperience at the tier / tanks you're facing, however some are game-related.

Went to check my K/D ratio once , the results were negative K_Ali's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

British tank should all be treated as glass cannons they have very good pen and amazing reload so if you miss your shot yeah you're dead , strv is a centurion with rockets use the gun to get the gunner and wait for him to be replaced or go for loader if he shot already . also slopped armor make your shells spall so panthers shoot these in upper plate tigers go for gunner russian t44 go for gunner and for most destroyers center of mass , also rockets are fine on strv seen people get 3 kills with them . for grinding i would say go for cent mk 1 it's the best tank at 5.7 now then go for the heavy line . also if you have british planes that will help a lot .

Envoyé de mon RCT6213W87DK en utilisant Tapatalk