Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! CookiezFort's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Questions i have about WT

Hello, i have played WT for about 10 hours.

Some questions:

1. How do i get rockets, and what airplanes support them?
    2. I have seen people say do not look at what tier the airplane is but something about battle rank? (or something like that), what is that?
    3. If i fly non arcade (start flying rather) should i use a joystick or keep ye old mouse? (I do have joystick, aviation enthusiast here)

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! SE7EN's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

1.Rockets Are Supported By A lot Of Plane's... It Will Show In Your Modifications Screen If The Plane Has Rockets Or Not...Just Click On Modifications And Secondary Weapons...It Will Show There...
    2.If You Put Your Mouse On Your Plane Icon It Will Pop Up A Screen Showing Your Planes Stats, Reward And Battle Rating... Now Look At Your Battle Rating...It Will Show A Number Ex. 3.7... When Flying A Tier 3 Plane With A Battle Rating Of 4.7 Like The Yak 3P...It Will Most Likely Put You In A Game With Tier 4 Planes... That's Why You Should Look At Your Battle Rating...
    3. For Realistic Battles And Arcade Battles... I Would Choose Keyboard And Mouse... But Simulator Battles I Would Say A Joystick... I Flew My First Realistic Battle Last Night/Afternoon With Dannes And It Is Manageable With The Keyboard And The Mouse...But It's Your Choice...

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! PlatinumPilot's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_SE7EN View Post
    1.Rockets Are Supported By A lot Of Plane's... It Will Show In Your Modifications Screen If The Plane Has Rockets Or Not...Just Click On Modifications And Secondary Weapons...It Will Show There...
    2.If You Put Your Mouse On Your Plane Icon It Will Pop Up A Screen Showing Your Planes Stats, Reward And Battle Rating... Now Look At Your Battle Rating...It Will Show A Number Ex. 3.7... When Flying A Tier 3 Plane With A Battle Rating Of 4.7 Like The Yak 3P...It Will Most Likely Put You In A Game With Tier 4 Planes... That's Why You Should Look At Your Battle Rating...
    3. For Realistic Battles And Arcade Battles... I Would Choose Keyboard And Mouse... But Simulator Battles I Would Say A Joystick... I Flew My First Realistic Battle Last Night/Afternoon With Dannes And It Is Manageable With The Keyboard And The Mouse...But It's Your Choice...
    This is good information. In RB, mouse aim will give you most of your kills, but there are advantages and disadvantages to using Joystick. Using joystick allows you to maneuver your plane more realistically, but that also takes getting used to (I heard everyone say this, I actually don't own a joystick). It will also be a lot harder to consistently get hits with joystick as well (in the beginning)

I have stuck with Mouse Aim the whole time and have managed a 4 kdr last month so you should be all good :D

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! CookiezFort's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

thank you :)

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Rb stick with Mouse, SB you pretty much have to go joystick

Now with RB if you go joystick you will have a hard time hitting the enemy in front of you until you have A LOT of practice.

However you will be able to out maneuver the enemy a hell of a lot easier making it harder for them to hit you and easy for you to turn the tables and get on their six.

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hey Cookiez,

Look me up in Vent this evening if you have time and I will help you out or ask any of the officers/ players for help.

If you are playing during the day on weekdays I recommend hooking up with Henkie.

A few roos loose in the top paddock... Doggs133's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_SE7EN View Post
    Holy crap dude. All great points but did you have to start each word with a capital letter? This took me ages to read and gave me a headache