Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So Headset STATIC in Games! HELP

I get really bad Static in War thunder and other games with my BRAND NEW X 12 Turtle Beaches. When I am on my Desktop I can still hear the buzzing/humming but its not as bad when I am playing a game specifically War thunder.
    Anyone know any suggestions to fix it?

SOS

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Marvin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had the same problem with my Z77 motherboard using the front audio jacks. My sound card will detect something being plugged in and ask me what it is. I found that if I swapped the audio out with the microphone, the static was gone. I guess the mic line in my case is insulated from EM interference.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So switch the Jack inputs?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have no idea what soundcard or mobo you use, but give it a try. If it works the same as mine, a window will pop up asking you what you've plugged in. Just say you've plugged in headphones into the mic jack if the window comes up.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This is what pops up whenever I plug something in...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I see what you mean but mine isn't like that at all cause if I switch the MIC with the Headphones it gets worse so its not that but I tried with the back Jacks cause Mine uses USB and it worked fine the ONLY problem was that there wasn't ANY mic plug in jacks just headphone.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Headset STATIC in Games! HELP

Sounds like EM interference. Try plugging the headset into the rear jacks on the computer. Also update your audio with the newest drivers. If you have a soundcard move it and your GPU to the furthest slots away from each other. Lets us know if any of these reduced the noise.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! gigglebear1's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ModJPB View Post
    Sounds like EM interference. Try plugging the headset into the rear jacks on the computer. Also update your audio with the newest drivers. If you have a soundcard move it and your GPU to the furthest slots away from each other. Lets us know if any of these reduced the noise.
    i agree. with cases these days i have problems trusting the front I/O panel and moving your 3.5 to the rear I/O can help. also i have found if you have an inline volume adjustment turn that all the way to the max and adjust the volume within windows. this will prevent distortion via mobo/ sound card and a potential source of static.

hoe this helps

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Okay So I can and IT HELPS ALOT but there is NO MIC jack input in the back just USB and headphone jack while the Mic jack is in the front.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Does it allow you to reassign audio jacks as a mic jack? (many motherboards now allow you to basically use almost any port except the digital ones, as a microphone or headphone jack.

My really old PC had front audio jack issues, and I ended up wrapping the cable in foil after clamping a ferrite bead on it (many years ago).

Though my ultimate solution was a dedicated sound card (been using the audigy 2 ZS for close to 12 years now, still beats the onboard audio of my 990fxa-ud3 by a very wide margin, especially when driving less efficient headphones). I then use the rear jacks and a splitter + extension cable so I can have both the speakers and headphones connected.

If your onboard audio keeps causing issues with interference, consider either getting a better sound card, or moving to a USB microphone

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah, it's a "static" one day and no "static" next day kind of headset, (lol) thx for the tips!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had the same issue before the earpiece snapped off and I finally bought something from a different company. The easy fix is to take the USB for the headset and plug it into a wall charger, then turn it on. It'll clear the static.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I EpicBlob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Getting a sound board will isolate it from the motherboard and give virtually no hiss. I bought a Xonar DG sound board and it dramatically lowered mine to pretty much none (unless I crank the volume to 100) from my asus z77 board

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_EpicBlob View Post
    Getting a sound board will isolate it from the motherboard and give virtually no hiss. I bought a Xonar DG sound board and it dramatically lowered mine to pretty much none (unless I crank the volume to 100) from my asus z77 board
    +1 On a sound card. It may not seem like a huge difference in quality but after an hour of gameplay your ears will not be bleeding from all the noise, hisses, scratches, and edgy sound that onboard sound gives you. A good sound card will have some good quality and medium sized capacitors on it that help soften and filter the sound. If it has no capacitors it is nothing better than onboard.

The xonar DG is a good card but it is pci intereface if you still have that slot. The newer pcie versions would be the xonar dx and dxs