Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Massa191's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    46
    Posts
    49

    Default World of Warships

    As some of you have requested I would post some updates on WoWs. It will enter closed beta this week.

    If you have signed up for it earlier, log in on the website and see if you have the big Load Game button there. Chances are you can participate.


    Cheers.

  2. #2
    It is bad luck to be superstitious. AOD Member AOD_Darkn3ss F4lls's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Elite: Dangerous
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Syracuse
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,732

    Default

    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95023

    Hey all if you are interested in playing this whether pt or ft or you just want to talk about it :) swing on by the division request posted above, cheers.


    Sent to AOD via Morse Code

    Steam - Origin - UPlay - YOUTUBE -TWITCH
    *RANDOM SIGNATURE IMAGE TO COME*
    AOD4Life - Have Questions About AOD? Ask me! - Support the Clan!

  3. #3
    Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_MaNii's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    29
    Posts
    436

    Default

    only have the sign up button :(

  4. #4
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,846

    Default

    I recently read somewhere on the WarThunder website that WarThunder WarShips is further along than expected at this point and will be released somewhere around the end of this year, also they are going to incorporate infantry into gameplay, most likely will be A.I. but they are already in the game, there are videos of planes being shot down by rifle fire..

    but imagine taking a base in ground forces and a platoon of infantry moving up to support and help defend.. use of bunkers, and bunker buster tank rounds.. etc... and eventually i think they also reaffirmed part of the end game for WarThunder will be putting planes, tanks, infantry, and warships in the same matches together..

    haven't read much in to the World of Tanks/Planes/Warships series.
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  5. #5
    Danneskjold Repossessions.
    AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Tucker0012 View Post
    I recently read somewhere on the WarThunder website that WarThunder WarShips is further along than expected at this point and will be released somewhere around the end of this year, also they are going to incorporate infantry into gameplay, most likely will be A.I. but they are already in the game, there are videos of planes being shot down by rifle fire..

    but imagine taking a base in ground forces and a platoon of infantry moving up to support and help defend.. use of bunkers, and bunker buster tank rounds.. etc... and eventually i think they also reaffirmed part of the end game for WarThunder will be putting planes, tanks, infantry, and warships in the same matches together..

    haven't read much in to the World of Tanks/Planes/Warships series.
    War Thunder did an internal alpha using Battleships. But the matches were 3 hours long, so they switched over to working on tanks. If they can figure out how to make a Battleship match quicker, while still keeping it realistic, I'm sure they'll push for release.


    Probably no infantry, though.


  6. #6
    Banned from Forums NavyAv8r's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    AOD Clubhouse
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    War Thunder did an internal alpha using Battleships. But the matches were 3 hours long, so they switched over to working on tanks. If they can figure out how to make a Battleship match quicker, while still keeping it realistic, I'm sure they'll push for release.


    Probably no infantry, though.

    Maybe decrease the map sizes and add submarines only to go so far out until air depression and temp kicks in then maybe War Thunder ships has a chance of being kickass!

  7. #7
    It is bad luck to be superstitious. AOD Member AOD_Darkn3ss F4lls's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Elite: Dangerous
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Syracuse
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,732

    Default

    Not sure anyone wants to tackle the ship that could make the round a draw each and every time


    Sent to AOD via Morse Code

    Steam - Origin - UPlay - YOUTUBE -TWITCH
    *RANDOM SIGNATURE IMAGE TO COME*
    AOD4Life - Have Questions About AOD? Ask me! - Support the Clan!

  8. #8
    Danneskjold Repossessions.
    AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_NavyAv8r View Post
    Maybe decrease the map sizes and add submarines only to go so far out until air depression and temp kicks in then maybe War Thunder ships has a chance of being kickass!
    Well, when you think about it, you're driving a ship that could maybe go 40 miles per hour, shooting guns that can go 40 miles... The maps can be pretty big.
    Last edited by AOD_Danneskjold; 03-11-2015 at 05:12 PM.


  9. #9
    Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy SeeknDestroy87's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Age
    30
    Posts
    212

    Default

    I was too late participation for the closed beta is loooong closed :/

  10. #10
    I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Nakbula's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    34
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Same here was to late
    http://i.imgur.com/Oqxnf6Z.png

  11. #11
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    War Thunder did an internal alpha using Battleships. But the matches were 3 hours long, so they switched over to working on tanks. If they can figure out how to make a Battleship match quicker, while still keeping it realistic, I'm sure they'll push for release.


    Probably no infantry, though.
    I'm pretty sure the infantry is one of the things they are currently working on because of so many public requests to do so.. i will try to find the link again in the warthunder forums and post it here.

    I found some good naval discussion here
    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...al-discussion/

    but not what i originally saw.. thought it was in the developers blog here
    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...log-read-only/
    because i remember seeing, a note from a dev. sayin the topic had been moved to development.. and noted that infantry would most likely be A.I. and not 1st or 3rd person but would be a part of the game.
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  12. #12
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,846

    Default

    here are some vids with the infantry that is already implemented/hidden in the game

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35aPwq_-krQ

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUn1GyORDZY

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9iK425-CU
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  13. #13
    "Every day is a beautiful day" - Elwood P Dowd AOD Member AOD_BBadenov's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    636

    Default

    They were accepting new applications for the CBT from 11:00-12:00 Pacific. Just got my acceptance e-mail. Should be interesting.........

  14. #14
    Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_MaNii's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    29
    Posts
    436

    Default World of Warships

    jealous, i want to have too

  15. #15
    Banned from Forums NavyAv8r's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    AOD Clubhouse
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    Well, when you think about it, you're driving a ship that could maybe go 40 miles per hour, shooting guns that can go 40 miles... The maps can be pretty big.
    Yeah, somehow they need to make it where the games don't last an hour.. lol, any suggestions?

  16. #16
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Beanbb's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_PapaPnut View Post
    They were accepting new applications for the CBT from 11:00-12:00 Pacific. Just got my acceptance e-mail. Should be interesting.........
    Wow, only an hour huh. Guess I must have hit the site at just the right time as I got in as well. Should be a fun weekend.

  17. #17
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,846

    Default



    saw this today :)
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  18. #18
    Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Poculus's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fl, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    War Thunder did an internal alpha using Battleships. But the matches were 3 hours long, so they switched over to working on tanks. If they can figure out how to make a Battleship match quicker, while still keeping it realistic, I'm sure they'll push for release.


    Probably no infantry, though.
    1 hour to engage, then BANG powder room gets hit....just imagine the rages!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top