Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So Looking to Build

Hey there guys,

I recently decided I wanted to build my own rig unlike going to the store (BestBuy) and buying one. What is the best parts do you think that can run a game on High Graphics with out struggling in any area (like WoT and WoWS).

My Budget isn't great, but i'm looking @ $600-$700. I know that sounds cheap. But I got other worries currently than getting a $1500 computer.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    ~ K

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue StarskyNotHutch's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Knaspel View Post
    Hey there guys,

I recently decided I wanted to build my own rig unlike going to the store (BestBuy) and buying one. What is the best parts do you think that can run a game on High Graphics with out struggling in any area (like WoT and WoWS).

My Budget isn't great, but i'm looking @ $600-$700. I know that sounds cheap. But I got other worries currently than getting a $1500 computer.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    ~ K
    I would suggest you take a quick look at www.newegg.com and look at the packages they have there. For the money you are looking to spend you should be able to get a nice box that can run the game on high settings.

Good luck.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Carts60's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This question is almost as open as how long is a piece of string.

You have 2 main choices between AMD and Intel. AMD being better value for money, intel probably having a better rep and product longevity (I went AMD).

A third choice however is whether you're open to sourcing 2nd hand parts too. You'll save a shed load on the retail value but you do run the risk of not knowing how the items were treated prior to your purchase and whether they're being sold for a hidden reason etc

My best suggestion would be to narrow down what format of processor you want to run and go from there.

Check out http://pcpartpicker.com/

There is a section of the website to spec out your PC which will show you what you can:
    A) Afford for your budget
    B) Best current prices (excluding eBay etc) and whether there are any good deals on at the moment
    C) Whether your spec will all fit in your selected case
    D) What your likely power consumption will be so you can get a suitable PSU

Theres also a section for other recommended builds based around budget, case size, storage capacity etc etc

There is more info there than you can shake the proverbial stick at

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue StarskyNotHutch's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Try this page and strangely enough it has a part picker right in the price range: http://www.newegg.com/DIY-PC-SuperCo...ionStore/ID-33