Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default A few tips for the Trade Market

(Hope I posted this in the right place)
    Well it's only been about a month since I started back playing Warframe after nearly a year hiatus and only playing a few hours the first time around (and therefore my knowledge is still somewhat limited), but I believe that I've learned a thing or two from doing trades, and I'd like to share that knowledge (heh, sounds a bit presumptuous, but if it helps anyone out, well I'm glad for that).

I was helped by this post that AOD_Envy made http://warframe.clanaod.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=98051 and also byt the advice given in the comments of that thread by AOD_RiverRatJr ( thank you guys for the help)

OK, i'll be going through each type of trade that I've done, and giving some tips on what I did that worked out best for me.

In terms of prime Warframe blueprints and blueprint parts, as well as prime weapons and parts, I watched the market to see what was in high demand as well as how easy or difficult it was to get said parts. I would look at what prices other people were selling at, and wait till certain times of the day (usually late evening-night-midnight) to sell for as high as possible. If after some time the parts don't sell, I would just lower the price to standard or near standard levels.

For Mods I would use the same basic formula. Most of the Mods i've sold for the most plat are Corrupted mods from Orokin Derelict Vaults. It was using the same basic formula above that I was able to sell a max ranked Frail Momentum for 100 plat.

For buying, I've found that waiting for as many people to offer you the item(s) as possible is best, that way you can go between them and haggle the price until you get a price that is as low as possible. When buying prime weapon and warframe components, I find it is best to ask for individual components and not sets, that way you are more likely to get sellers who have the single item and are willing to sell it for less, rather than a person who has more than one component and might sell the bundle for more altogether.
    It was via this method that I acquired a Frost Prime set after it left the drop tables for only 150 plat.

I hope this was helpful to someone, and that the info can be used to your advantage.

Professional Farmer at Work AOD Member AOD_Denmarkvessey's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active

Good tips. I'd like to add that when selling its best to just wait for someone to post WTB on something you have. You message them saying you have it and ask them to make an offer. Have a price in mind, but sometimes they will offer high. Posting WTS rarely works except with REALLY rare items, patience will pay off better.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Kracken Attacken's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for all the replies and further insight guys, here's a small update based on some further observation:

It would appear that the stability of the trade market is positively affected by our good friend and void plunderer, Baro Ki'teer, the Void Trader.

I observed, both a few moments ago this Saturday night/Sunday Morning, and during the previous Void Trader visit, that both buying and selling of prime parts and mods on the Trade chat at good/reasonable prices is easier.

This could be due to the fact that during this time, people have given in as much prime parts to the Void Trader for Ducats as they want, so the Market mellows out a bit, and people are more open in expressing what they want to buy/sell. Of course this is just a theory, but there is likely some correlation between Baro's visits and trade market stability, so you might want to focus your heaviest trading during those periods.

Hope this further info helps!

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Kracken Attacken's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

OK, it's been a while but due to some further observations, I have decided to post a few more tips for the trade market. I know that many of you might already know most or all of this, but some of you don't (especially new players) and this is especially for you!

Now to start off, I'll speak about event mods and my experience with the most recent event mods (False Profit Impact Mod pack). I did the event and got my mods and was just sitting there wondering what to do with the ~100p I had when BOOM, an Idea come to me. I decided to get my hands on another set of event mods. I was only abler to get my hands on 2 of them (Pummel and Crash Course) for 90p altogether, then I waited to see if this experiment would be a success.

To make a long story short, I got my 90p and some good Prime parts back just last week (I could've gotten more plat, but I decided to take the deal for the extra prime parts instead).

So basically, the idea is that during an event when one or more mods are being given as the reward, if you have extra plat to spend, you try to get one or more extra of the mods for as low a price as possible, and then you wait for a while, analyse the market for when the price of the mod(s) begin(s) to climb, and then sell them for as high as possible. Note that in the above example, I could've bought the mods for lower and sold them for higher, but I was just experimenting and didn't want to push it too hard. If you're going to buy some event mods, try for as low as possible. If you don't get any sellers, you still have your plat.

Now moving on, I was able to make a bit more than 300p the last time the Void Trader came around by buying Mara Detron's from him and selling them as high as possible. The highest I was able to sell one for during his visit was 70p. If you do the same with a weapon that the Void Trader is selling (not Wraith or Vandal weapons mind you, those can't be traded, I think...if I'm wrong about that just let me know), then try to sell for as high as possible, and keep a few for after the void trader has left (not many, just 2 or 3) and sell them quickly for a bit higher before they go out of vogue.

Finally there are several Rare Mods that you might have in abundance, Power Throw, The Toxin Mods that Void Vor drops, Fired Up (dethcube mod) etc. Take the ones you aren't using and if you have a sufficiently high number of credits, use them in about one or two transmutations in a day. There's a chance that you won't get anything good, but a good chance that you will get some good rare mods (especially stances). I've made a nice pocket full of plat this way, as well as getting my hands on some mods that are hard to find.

That's it for this tips and tricks instalment. Look out for more in due course, or add your own!

PS. If you're looking for a prime part, look for the guys in the trade chat who post things like "NEED 15P, HAVE PRIME PARTS, PM ME!!!" or "SELLING A BUNCH OF PRIME PARTS PM ME!!". It is very likely that they will sell the parts for very cheap. Just ask if they have the part you are looking for, and buy some of the extra junk that they are selling along with it to sweeten the deal. That's how I got Mag Prime Helmet, Blueprint and Systems for only 6p about a week ago ;)

Knee High to a Worms Ass Brewcrew5014's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Good advice. I'll make sure to keep all of this in mind

Knee High to a Worms Ass bruccy's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hi Kracken Attacken, Just joined this community and very pleased to come across your post, As i am Forex trader and here i would like to appreciate your advice for trade market because trading now become more risky and nobody wants to loss money in lack knowledge of trading.Experience play big roll in trading but don't worry if you very new in trading because Binary [Redacted URL] helps you to learn basic of trading market and any suggestions always invited. Thanks
    Last edited by AOD_Seraphim; 11-17-2017 at 12:04 PM. Reason: possibly spam link.