Can I have your Tots Camokiller199's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Mobile Game Clan?

hey fellas, I just wanted to ask if I made a mobile game clan, would anyone from AOD join? Or if we have on already what the name is? Let me know! :)

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! TheFinx's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You mean playing Xbox down an alley on a shopping cart? Or if you mean on my iPhone I would be interested.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Rixxan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I believe this has been brought up before and clan leadership has rejected it, with something along the lines of AOD is a PC clan, and we're staying there.
    I myself agree with that philosophy, so no, I don't think we should branch out into the trillions of mobile games because
    A) Not everyone has a smartphone,
    B) I really don't want to have to filter out a hundred division requests from the new posts feed,
    C) It's really hard to coordinate in mobile games plus teamspeak would be a bitch,
    D) Clan Leadership says so.
    D is probably the best point to take away from this.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here are the quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    Only the server owner and Operator groups can make other groups. Those groups right now are restricted to divisions within AOD. If you're asking for a channel on Team Speak, that would be Sgt+, though you likely won't find many who'd make a channel for a mobile game.

AOD doesn't support mobile games currently and likely never will. We are a PC gaming clan.
    Listen to Rainbow, he's a SSgt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_sepulchrave View Post
    That's it, I'm out of here.
    Sep has also rejected such ideas. Listen to him. He's a very good man to listen to. He also happens to be a MSgt. AKA your boss. It doesn't matter what division, if they are a Sgt with pretty letters in front of their name, listen to them because they are your boss.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rixxan View Post
    Listen to Rainbow, he's a SSgt.
    I like that quote. :D

But in all seriousness, AOD has strictly been a PC gaming clan since its inception in 1999.

However, I've read this more as a "If anyone plays mobile games, maybe we could play together" type of thing than a "Can we start supporting mobile games officially?" type of thing. So no, we won't support mobile games, however some people play them and are more than welcome to join together and play together.

Can I have your Tots Camokiller199's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok. Thanks for the quick response! I was just wondering also if I could use the name AOD?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'll let the FancyLetter Sgt's take final say on this one, but I'd recommend that you shy away from using the AOD name on unsupported games because
    A) AOD has no control over the people in the guild,
    B) We can't control who is in the guild and what they do,
    C) We are very protective of our logo and name.
    Part of the reason AOD has survived this long is the fact that we have taken great care of our name and reputation, and so we've stayed acceptable in the gaming clan world.
    Example: If I make clanAOD gamehere, and member 123 is an asshat, AOD would be held responsible for that member as he's sporting our tags. That tarnishes our reputation, and people in other games hear of it and we get shunned, which stops us from being successful members of the community and stymies our recruiting potential.
    That's my take on it, but again, Fancyletter Sgt's have the final say, so let them guide you, not me.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Camo View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the quick response! I was just wondering also if I could use the name AOD?
    While we can't stop you from using the name AOD, it may be best to choose a different name.