Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Default Print Directory "Folder" Contents

Just thought I would share this in case anyone else could use this.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/321379/en-us

I used to use a command prompt and manually perform a DIR to get a nice list of contents in a folder for work. The KB above will allow you to do the same with 2 mouse clicks.

After following the instructions in the Microsoft KB article, when you right click a folder in Windows you will have a "Print Directory Contents" option.

By defeault the file goes to:
    C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\Temp\listing - This can be changed in the .bat file settings
    With no file extension. - A .txt file extension can be added in the .bat settings

You can edit the .bat file to specify an explicit location and file name.
    "C:\Listing.txt" instead of "%temp%\Listing"

You can also change the parameters of the DIR. To get a list of options, open a CMD prompt and type:
    "Dir /?"
    Then change the parameters in the .bat file's "DIR" command with what you want.

I am not sure the purpose of the DEL command in the .bat. On my computer it deletes the listing file and doesn't keep it open. I have removed the DEL line in mine so I can save the listing file on my computer.

If you want it to display full paths of each file use /s /b together. Thist will also list the files in sub-directories.
    Ex:
    C:\wally\Browser Cache
    C:\wally\Decals
    C:\wally\Palettes
    C:\wally\Temp
    C:\wally\Wally.cnt
    C:\wally\Decals\BulletHoles.wad
    C:\wally\Palettes\Blend.pal

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_Vial8R's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I have a .bat file in the folder I keep .iso's of all my DVD's and Blu-Rays. It is pretty simple and just outputs to a file named list.txt.

Code:
    dir /s /ON /B > list.txt
    More or less the same as the code in what you linked. :)
    Let me know if you need anything and I will do my best to help or find someone for you.
    Panzerbuchse Leaderboard Current Ryzen 7 Gaming Rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/jDrV3C