Pez. Derping where no man has derped before... ukpezzzz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Rockout Your first AOD thoughts

Inspired by my warframe thred http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102360 I just pose the question:

What was the first thing going though your head when getting into AOD?
    PS: The link shows you some already submitted ideas for their first posts.

Mine: Oh look. A brony. Yay I got accepted. *Joins team speak*. Huh, I guess nobody is online? But it says there are 200? Are they all hiding from me? *Uninteresting plot* Ok ill sit here. Huh look at that guy with his mountain of stickers. I guess no warframe dude is online. Oh that sepulchrave guy with the stickers is here. He seems cool. Yay he made me a full member!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Carts60's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think my first thoughts were of some initial scepticism.

This wasn't a reflection on AOD but rather this being my first foray into the PC gaming world (and having no friends with decent spec PC's), I didn't know what to expect.

Frankly though, I don't think I could have chosen a better clan.

I pretty much got immediately sorted on TeamSpeak and introduced to all the guys in the WarThunder group.

Everyone is genuinely nice, talkative, enthusiastic and more than anything welcoming. A special mention to WeDGE and BoomBoomStick who I would hope to be able to emulate in the future.

Always get a nice welcome when I go on TS and members are more than happy to send you an invite to the squad so you can join in.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Fire_Eclipse's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My initial thoughts to joining AOD were "Man, I could have sworn I joined them before in Unreal Tournament in 2005. Then after that my reaction was this is a good place to be and vocal interviews, which I liked. One last thing was that AOD had multiple divisions which I played several of them. :D. Joining AOD is one of the best things that could have happened to me in the Gaming world.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

well outside AOD I had gotten into this game called H1Z1, played it by myself with a few close friends that I had from the days when I played APB: Reloaded and got with them to play this new zombie game... it was fine for the first few days but like always they would drift quickly to a new game, so here I was 3 days into having bought H1z1 and no one to play with... so I started looking to see if a reddit page was created for clans recruiting for h1z1, went their I put a post... and guess who was the man who got me in?! no other than Sgt_Samiamjr who recently went on a 2 year LOA I respect that young man alot, he did alot for the division that I am now an recruiting officer in... but back to my first impression... well I did all the recruitment introduction stuff to get in, got into ventrillo, yes this was back before we went to TS3! haha and I get in and I get in and start talking to Travo a member of the h1z1 division and I head to a town called pleasant valley where some of the other members are at, and the place is surrounded by zombies! when I went into the building to get away from the zombies inside I let alot of them in because I was getting swarmed and left the door open... big mistake! so I hear Travo screaming and I myself am screaming in game and we were running around in this building with zombies with no weapons to defend ourselves, we ended up dying but it was alot of fun!

my first impression? these guys know how to have some fun, also Sam made me feel like family :] I am gonna miss that guy and hope he comes back after his 2 year LOA

but yes, so far this clan has also made me feel welcomed, I am currently part timing in Warframe and those guys have been nice to hang out with when I get a few hours to play

First take the plank out of your own eye.
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

"at least now I'll have people to play games with, let's see how this goes..."

My other gaming clan, that I'd been in for several years with some close friends, was basically dead with nobody playing anything. So glad to have an active clan to play with people!!

Art by Blinix

Thoughts become Actions. Actions become Habits. Habits become Character.

a home-made meat toboggan Liquidbacon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

"finally! Friends!"

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Dennistein's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

First time i was like my friend is in here why not i can join too... i was 12 years old back then not socialized mutch just the interview then quiet room but now i cant imagine better place than this