Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Space To Boldly Go. (Nasa confirms EM Drive, May have also observed a warp field.)

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

If true this is the defining discovery of our age. The EM drive works and the engine its self may have produced a warp bubble. Lasers shined through the device appeared to have traveled faster than light indicating a warp in spacetime. Exciting news.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nasa-says-e...-drive-1499098

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

very interesting, I was following the early China tests a while back. The warp bubble sounds a bit far fetched, but a engine that doesn't need propellant and is electric = awesome. Probably has a much better acceleration than ion engines in use for probes.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Love seeing new discoveries like this. Would be interesting to see something moving with this.

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! TheFinx's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have been following studies for propulsion via sound waves and it's vibration capabilities. I think it's an understudied property and some day will prove to be effective in space travel.

~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TheFinx View Post
    I have been following studies for propulsion via sound waves and it's vibration capabilities. I think it's an understudied property and some day will prove to be effective in space travel.
    I also believe this, they should go hand in hand with electromagnetism. Einstein even though that you could produce propulsion using magnetism... and it has been proven that you can levitate very heavy objects using magnetism.. seems they have found a way to manipulate that energy the correct way. The Earth has it's own magnetic field yes.. but all of the Universe is a massive magnetic grid "so to speak".. only makes sense right :)

But this is very exciting news, as long as they keep going forward the future is starting to look quite bright.. but I do hope they remain able to continue their work after this news breaks the surface, a LOT of people and companies will not like losing so much money. Sad really, something that could change the entire world and lives of everyone.. could be held back by the greed of the rich and powerful.. Let us hope not though.
    ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~
    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~