Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Icon10 Define R5 Inside - Minor PC component Install

So I decided to supplement my SSD with a 1TB HDD for collecting video and non essential storage. 8GB more ram coming next week since i've been nearing the 8GB limit and getting a warning at times.
    I may grab a 980ti in the near future or just wait for NVIDIA's next big leap considering the 970 is a perfectly find card for what I have going on.

Current Specs-

Case: Fractal Design Define R5
    Processor: i7 4770K @ stock
    8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 [Soon to be 16]
    EVGA GTX 970 SC @ stock
    H105 AIO CPU cooler w/ 4x Noctua NF-F14 fans
    256GB ADATA SP900 SSD / 1TB Western Digital Black HDD
    750Watt Rosewill? PSU

Notes
    I really like this case since it isn't flashy and has capabilities like you wouldn't believe for something of it's size.

Note the Sagging GPU with the backplate :c, needs to lose some weight.

Also Cable octopus in back and still having enough room for the door not to be bowed out.
    A side note of that is I sort of want to look into custom cables so I can get better conformity and have an overall better look, current ones are about as ugly as the fan color .

Posted a HW monitor pic at the end to showcase the temps I get with this case. Despite being loaded with soundproofing I think it does pretty well. GPU gets warm but I have a pretty relaxed fan profile.

Feel free to comment.

[imgur]v9FXc[/imgur]
    Last edited by AOD_Das_Qrow; 05-28-2015 at 12:45 AM.
    Meep Meep

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Meep Meep

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Qrow View Post
    So I decided to supplement my SSD with a 1TB HDD for collecting video and non essential storage. 8GB more ram coming next week since i've been nearing the 8GB limit and getting a warning at times.
    I may grab a 980ti in the near future or just wait for NVIDIA's next big leap considering the 970 is a perfectly find card for what I have going on.

Current Specs-

Case: Fractal Design Define R5
    Processor: i7 4770K @ stock
    8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 [Soon to be 16]
    EVGA GTX 970 SC @ stock
    H105 AIO CPU cooler w/ 4x Noctua NF-F14 fans
    256GB ADATA SP900 SSD / 1TB Western Digital Black HDD
    750Watt Rosewill? PSU

Notes
    I really like this case since it isn't flashy and has capabilities like you wouldn't believe for something of it's size.

Note the Sagging GPU with the backplate :c, needs to lose some weight.

Also Cable octopus in back and still having enough room for the door not to be bowed out.
    A side note of that is I sort of want to look into custom cables so I can get better conformity and have an overall better look, current ones are about as ugly as the fan color .

Posted a HW monitor pic at the end to showcase the temps I get with this case. Despite being loaded with soundproofing I think it does pretty well. GPU gets warm but I have a pretty relaxed fan profile.

Feel free to comment.

[imgur]v9FXc[/imgur]
    There are alot of options for Custom Cables:

1) You can get pre-sleeved PSU-Specific[Modular] cable replacement kits in any color for PSU's like: Corsair AXi/HXi Series + EVGA SuperNova As well as a few others; Seeing you have a Rosewill modular PSU that wont be an option Unless you want to shell out $$ for a new PSU and then buy the CableMod PSU Cable-replacement kit(s) for $100: http://cablemod.com/products/

I did a build for a friend a while back that used the blue CableMod Corsair HXi/AXi replacement Kit, to get an idea of how they look: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/7TTH99
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	144025.df924095411c0dd1b5f8d9987145e8bf.a1efb09409e33492e8af3e0e174916f5.256c.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	17067

2) You can buy Extension cables for your 24Pin, 8Pin EPS/4+4Pin,6Pin,8Pin,5Pin,Fans, ETC {Just about any kind you can think of}; You'd still see the flat-black cables coming out of the PSU's headers, but if you just route them into the Bottom grommet like i did they should be barely noticeable; They just attach to your existing cables and come in a variety of solid and mixtured colors:

Bitfenix Alchemy Extension Cables(These are one of the best out there; If I wasn't able to get a new PSU + the kit I'd choose these): http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/pr...lchemy-cables/
    Link to buy: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...alchemy+cables
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600x400px-LL-58deb507_21072958441.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	17068

3) You can make them yourself; Strip/Crimp/ And Sleeve; PM Me if your interested.