Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Foxtrot, Unicorn, Charlie, Kilo AOD Member AOD_Neotoad's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Taxachussetts
    Age
    28
    Posts
    338

    Default The struggle is real

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wXRJOVa.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	17158

    Just wanted to share. Not mine, I found it on reddit today.

    Also how can I tell how many watts are being 'pulled' from the power supply? Not exactly I'm having an odd shutdown issue while gaming and I think it has to do with my PSU. I'm pretty sure it's not heat (as you can see above, my AC is valiantly fighting the PC hellstorm) since HWmonitor doesn't register anything above 80C.
    Last edited by AOD_Neotoad; 06-03-2015 at 05:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned from Forums SazzyPazz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    572

    Default

    This is the general idea.

    Got my AC at 60 on hot days, play an intensive game in SLI and overclock all my components and I get about 72 degree room temp. Not that bad because I roll cool but it feels warm. Thank god I dont have AMD.

  3. #3
    The Token Staff Sergeant
    AOD_Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    I'm not sure. I have an 850w PSU and used that as my basis for how much power is being drawn. Not sure if that's what's being drawn all the time, or if it's the maximum that it can draw though.
    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10768&dateline=135607  8793
    Don't fold if you're made to bend.

  4. #4
    "Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 AOD Member AOD_Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Specialist
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    US
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_neotoad View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wXRJOVa.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	17158

    Just wanted to share. Not mine, I found it on reddit today.

    Also how can I tell how many watts are being 'pulled' from the power supply? Not exactly I'm having an odd shutdown issue while gaming and I think it has to do with my PSU. I'm pretty sure it's not heat (as you can see above, my AC is valiantly fighting the PC hellstorm) since HWmonitor doesn't register anything above 80C.
    To figure out how much power(W) your PSU is drawing from the wall you have to get a Wall wart(AC Adapter) Load meter; I reccomend this one from rosewill: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-560-_-Product

    -OR-

    Some newer PSU's have Digital Fan/Voltage/Wattage monitoring software(Corsair HXi/AXi PSU's have Corsair Digital Link software). Thats if you have one.

  5. #5
    Foxtrot, Unicorn, Charlie, Kilo AOD Member AOD_Neotoad's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Taxachussetts
    Age
    28
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Grady666 View Post
    To figure out how much power(W) your PSU is drawing from the wall you have to get a Wall wart(AC Adapter) Load meter; I reccomend this one from rosewill: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-560-_-Product

    -OR-

    Some newer PSU's have Digital Fan/Voltage/Wattage monitoring software(Corsair HXi/AXi PSU's have Corsair Digital Link software). Thats if you have one.
    I will have to buy one. My computer shuts down whenever I try gaming. With GTA V it happens immediately. With other titles it can take a while before it happens. Either way, i suspect my machine is too hungry for my 750W Corsair HX.

    I have a 970, i-5 3570k overclocked pretty hard, two SSDs, two 5400 HDDs, 4 DDR3 dimms (1.5v), D5 vario pump, 5x120mm fans, and a few USB devices. Do you think my power supply is causing a shutdown issue?

  6. #6
    "Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 AOD Member AOD_Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Specialist
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    US
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_neotoad View Post
    I will have to buy one. My computer shuts down whenever I try gaming. With GTA V it happens immediately. With other titles it can take a while before it happens. Either way, i suspect my machine is too hungry for my 750W Corsair HX.

    I have a 970, i-5 3570k overclocked pretty hard, two SSDs, two 5400 HDDs, 4 DDR3 dimms (1.5v), D5 vario pump, 5x120mm fans, and a few USB devices. Do you think my power supply is causing a shutdown issue?
    I cant say- but given just those spec's you should still be fine w/ 750W; It could still be the PSU; but 750W should be plenty if its 80+ Gold/Platinum even silver. There are alot of other things that could cause this issue, but 750W *Should* be fine for your setup


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top