Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_phprof's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default Origin "Summer" sale

Battlefield Hardline is on sale. $29.99 US. I'm not going to get it even though I want to. I was limiting myself to about $30 so I decided to diversify and got City Skylines and Ultimate General: Gettysburg on Steam for about the same price as Hardline.

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_phprof's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Battlefield 3 and 4 are on sale as well ($19.99 for BF3) and Titanfall is cheap as well and all Titanfall DLC is FREE. Something I wish they would do for BF3/4 once the game is over a year old and all the DLC has been release, but I digress. I'm currently addicted to frontier defense mode probably because you get to blow tons of crap up!

If you like real time strategy I suggest Ultimate General: Gettysburg on steam for $5.99 right now. It is historically accurate in map and units but you play it out your way. It sounds like it can be boring because it's only one map, however, it is designed with 9 levels of AI on a 3x3 grid of difficulty and aggressiveness. The battle is spread over 3 days just like the real one. I've put 6 hours of play in less than 48 hours of owning it and been soundly whooped twice and I'm working on winning my first one but the last days battle still looms over me.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies

Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    Active

Wow prof! Thanks for the info on Ultimate General. I am a *huge* student of the the battle of Gettysburg. Downloading that now.
    To show our appreciation, for having so much power, we keep Heaven stocked with fresh souls. We are Angels of Death

"Neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet"

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Very nice. I got soundly whooped twice and embarrassed once. My fourth time through is a bit better but I wussed out on the level of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CupOHemlock View Post
    Wow prof! Thanks for the info on Ultimate General. I am a *huge* student of the the battle of Gettysburg. Downloading that now.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Ziggy0511's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Bad company 2 is on sale on steam right now for just under $5. Throwing that out there for anyone that didn't know.

Liquor? I hardly even know her! AOD Member AOD_tboose7's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Ziggy0511 View Post
    Bad company 2 is on sale on steam right now for just under $5. Throwing that out there for anyone that didn't know.
    And Vietnam is only ~$3. I'll be getting both and installing when I have a new PC or more space

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Ziggy0511's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_tboose7 View Post
    And Vietnam is only ~$3. I'll be getting both and installing when I have a new PC or more space
    From what I understand, vanilla players can still play Vietnam content due to modded servers. Meaning the vanilla gets you access to pretty much everything except the (for lack of a better word) "standard" Vietnam servers. At the same time it's only $3.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Automaticman1's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_phprof View Post
    Titanfall is cheap as well and all Titanfall DLC is FREE.
    Just to clarify, Titanfall DLC has been free for a while now, it isn't just for the sale period. I haven't played recently, but I've heard the playerbase is quickly collapsing. Really was a fun game for a while, but I could never really play more than a few short rounds in a row before moving on.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! BrohamAxell's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I don't really like how BFH went to the wayside of things becuase it was a really cool concept :/

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the clarification. The DLC was made free at the 1 year mark of the game. From my observations the player base is steady now but it is quite low compared to COD or BF titles. I like the game a lot given the COD-ish style doesn't usually appeal to me. For some reason I still get excited when that Titan hits the ground and as you climb in you feel like your best friend just came back to help you. The excitement you feel every time your eject and take out 3 enemy titans and drop down and ruin the day of 15 suicide spectres. I play 1 or 2 times a week for a couple of hours or so and then go back to Battlefield. It's a nice way to break up the monotonous game play which is BF conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Automaticman1 View Post
    Just to clarify, Titanfall DLC has been free for a while now, it isn't just for the sale period. I haven't played recently, but I've heard the playerbase is quickly collapsing. Really was a fun game for a while, but I could never really play more than a few short rounds in a row before moving on.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Phantasmi's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Still a better price to get BFH deluxe edition for the 35$, that's a steal.