Knee High to a Worms Ass DrSlaughter's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Hey Guys, Sorry for my huge inactivity.

Hey,

First off i want apologize for my inactivity.
    Life just got busy with school and work and I did not have much time on my hand except for late night. Recently I decided to purchase a computer for my gaming needs instead of the current laptop I use.

My main purpose here is to ask for assistance on purchasing the ideal gaming pc for me. I asked AOD_Travo for assistance and he helped me a lot on finding good builds online and etc, but due to recent events i have decided to purchase one from a retail store (yes i know they are extremely over priced for what they give but i have no other choice).

I wanted to know from the following 3 which would be the best for me to buy with its price. (Feel free to look around their website for a better computer, i have no experience with gaming pcs or a good spec)
    I plan to play games like H1Z1, League of Legends, ARK, and possibly games like BF4, Witcher 3 and etc.

The list of their PCs are here; http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category...316be1e56cen01

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...3e4f4d001fen02

----

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...29763fc486en02

----

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...1e5a4bad2aen02

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Are you wanting to buy a prebuilt computer period? Or are you sold on Best Buy?

I cannot unrecommend Best Buy more than enough.

Digital Storm I have heard some good things about: http://www.digitalstorm.com/

A few years ago some of my family members bought computers from Stealth Machines: https://www.stealthmachines.com/ and they have turned out pretty well.

Hell, even Newegg's got some choices: http://www.newegg.com/Desktop-Comput...Category/ID-10

As I said, unless it's absolutely imperative that you shop at Best Buy for a computer, I wouldn't.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You probably want to have somebody, or you could yourself, assemble a computer. It's much cheaper and you can customize your computer and you can make it much better than typical gaming PCs for a much lower price. Sorry for any grammar issues, I'm using Siri On my IPhone.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Travo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Exactly the same advice I gave him. The problem is his budget. It's going to be really hard to get the performance he wants with the upgradeability for future use on the budget he has for his computer. Totally agree though, build it yourself (youtube is your friend if you don't know much about it) or buy from newegg, ibuypower, digitalstorm or the like.

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Travo View Post
    Exactly the same advice I gave him. The problem is his budget. It's going to be really hard to get the performance he wants with the upgradeability for future use on the budget he has for his computer. Totally agree though, build it yourself (youtube is your friend if you don't know much about it) or buy from newegg, ibuypower, digitalstorm or the like.
    +1 Find SOMEONE that will build/assemble one for you, preferably not a brick-and-mortar or retail store, maybe a friend, or... a friend of a friend to select the parts and build it. Its true, Its MUCH cheaper, It offers ALOT more capability and compatibility for upgrades and expansion.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! CookiezFort's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($49.99 @ Directron)
    Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card ($131.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.40 @ Amazon)
    Total: $480.13
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-28 18:04 EDT-0400

Something along hte lines of that is really good,

You can also go for something along the lines of

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.40 @ Amazon)
    Total: $498.04
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-28 18:05 EDT-0400

Which will runs games for a while and if in need you can upgrade the CPU later down the road to something as powerful as an I5 4690K which will run games for quite a while, heck I can run Planetside 2 on ultra w/o shhadows at like 130 fps down to 60 fps in most battles.

BTW, building a pc isin't hard, it may take 2-3 hours at most and you can create some decent results:

Spoiler
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6hYRzTs.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	931.5 KB 
ID:	17612

Knee High to a Worms Ass DrSlaughter's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status