Can I have your Tots HIT_SqD_ShOcKeRR's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wtf Not bf4 news

Anyone know how to stop the extensions from popping up on my computer now and then i know this is not bf4 related but it does get in the way of my gaming experience in certain way's. It happens on both chrome and mozilla so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    PlayerUnknown
    Status
    Active

Uh...

In chrome, it's the upper right options tab with the three lines > More Tools > Extensions > Then delete whatever extension does the popup from this menu.

The way you word it though makes it sound like you got a shit ton of spyware on your system. No good extension should make popups on these browsers since they have internal popup blockers coded in them.
    Tell a friend!!!

Save the whales. Collect the whole set Odepane's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HIT_SqD_ShOcKeRR View Post
    ... It happens on both chrome and mozilla so any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...
    Internet Explorer.... it comes free with all versions of Windows! But yeah, kinda what Red7 said... I think you have much bigger problems facing you if that is happening.

Did you just grab my ass?
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Roger, Mozilla shouldn't be having the issues without some other form of spyware installed. No browser is exempt once you've installed something (or been led to install something) that parasites itself on your browser. Internet explorer is historically the worst for susceptibility (and often spyware installed looks for other browser folders to install favorites and plugins to anyway), but Chrome and Mozilla have been tougher on these things.

Find out what plugin or toolbar extension is running that you are unfamiliar with (if it isn't google, you probably don't want it). Then search for a removal tool.