If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Vector9's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New Star Trek TV Series

So if you haven't heard the news, Michael Dorn (Warf) is pitching a new Star Trek series to CBS. I have mixed feelings about this. For the most part I would absolutely love a new Star Trek series as long as they stay away from the NX-01 disaster. However! The title of this project "Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Worf Chronicles" is a dumb name and sounds like a limited boring story line. What else is there to know about Worf? He has literally been in more episodes of Star Trek than any other character. We know your story dude. Even if you can make the argument that he would make an interesting captain lets think about that from a writers perspective and a story arch for a second. There is nothing to learn about this characters past that viewers don't already know. Lets face it, you arnt going to pick up that many fresh virgin Star Trek fans and the ones that you do are going to watch the rest of the cannon in the off seasons, so your character development of Warf is going to be dull. I just think bringing him back as a central main plot driven character is a mistake. I mean.... he put his frakkin name in the title.

I think a much more interesting way to go would be a fresh crew with perhaps a few known characters like maybe one of those Borg kids they rescued on voyager post Star Fleet Academy. Maybe The Holografic doctor from voyager has a holographic kid... A Romulan Crewman.... A Jem'hadar weapons officer... Just shooting from the hip here but I think Warf is played out and would only be interesting as a cameo. Not to mention we already know what happens to him 15 years after DS9.

https://youtu.be/qsXsMCmlCwk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

hopefully it wont be as bad as Enterprise was.

being a direhard startrek fan, cant wait :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I believe there's another Star Trek based show out there that was crowd funded called Star Trek: Axanar. Mind you it is a prequel but it looks pretty damn good. Here is the trailer and they even have some video to the build up the hype. Also I believe it's the best fan made movie ever made maybe it'll give hope to have a future tv series to be around if this build enough popularity.
    Last edited by monkeh13; 07-04-2015 at 08:10 PM. Reason: mispelled the title of series

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Michael Dorn has been trying to pitch some variant of this show since DS9 ended.

And as much as I'd like to see a series about Worf getting the shit beat out of him week after week, there are much more interesting plot threads to follow that'd make much more interesting shows.

Like 'What the fuck is going on with all the other Romulans now that Romulus has been destroyed?'

Or 'Actually following the foreshadowing of Q and humanity begins exploring other dimensions'

Or... really, anything but Worf going on about Strength and Honour, then taking a beating, then overcoming that beating with Strength and Honour for a whole season :P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Irtar View Post
    anything but Worf going on about Strength and Honour, then taking a beating, then overcoming that beating with Strength and Honour for a whole season :P
    ROFL so true

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Have you guys ever watched this? Its hilarious.

https://youtu.be/edflm7Hh3hs

Can I have your Tots ScotlandForeva's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

lol

Keep honking. I'm reloading Crackkkkkk's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

In 1996 my agent pitched to the Trek Execs at Paramount a TV 'Trek' Series I created. They really liked it. However, because they and other networks were smothered in sci-fi series at that time, my idea was put upon a shelf..... and probably collecting dust.... forgotten..... or trashed. But.....who knows!? It could happen! But I will not be holding my breath for a phone call. ~ CRACKkkkkk