Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Jayson201's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Geekout Got drunk tonight and had a great idea concerning an AIO PC

My mom gave my brother an all in one pc under the guise that I could make it work. It was a model that is KNOWN to have monitor issues, and outside of warranty. She's got such a big history of buying products with known defects, so it's not like its the first time.
    Okay, so I take the motherfFLOOPer apart and look at the lcd panel. Can't find SHIT that resembles a monitor number, so I google every lil thing I can, and find an LCD panel that should theoretically fit, would cost 150-200 BEFORE shipping. Unless my brother was paying for it, not happening.

My question here in, is what I could possibly do with the parts. I don't think I could fit the motherboard to fit into a mini-atx/itx case, being that there is absolutely no external video connector. But as I lay my drunken head down to sleep, I went from dead tired to wide awake thinking, OH WAIT, THE PROCESSOR IS A THING. Now, assuming the thing isnt soldered into the board, (I know, should have checked when I tore it apart, Im sorry) is it at all possible to take said processor and slap it into another system, possibly one I could build for my father for his birthday?

The CPU in question is a G2030T. Dual Core, Pentium, and it's all about the pentiums. LGA1155. Do any of you with more expertise and experience think it's doable?
    I don't know, it's probably not even worth doing, but even if he don't want or need it maybe I could sell it and double my money. I don't know, it's the first time I've drank since 9th grade, but I feel kinda genius right now so I'm rolling with it.

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Jayson201 View Post
    My mom gave my brother an all in one pc under the guise that I could make it work. It was a model that is KNOWN to have monitor issues, and outside of warranty. She's got such a big history of buying products with known defects, so it's not like its the first time.
    Okay, so I take the motherfFLOOPer apart and look at the lcd panel. Can't find SHIT that resembles a monitor number, so I google every lil thing I can, and find an LCD panel that should theoretically fit, would cost 150-200 BEFORE shipping. Unless my brother was paying for it, not happening.

My question here in, is what I could possibly do with the parts. I don't think I could fit the motherboard to fit into a mini-atx/itx case, being that there is absolutely no external video connector. But as I lay my drunken head down to sleep, I went from dead tired to wide awake thinking, OH WAIT, THE PROCESSOR IS A THING. Now, assuming the thing isnt soldered into the board, (I know, should have checked when I tore it apart, Im sorry) is it at all possible to take said processor and slap it into another system, possibly one I could build for my father for his birthday?

The CPU in question is a G2030T. Dual Core, Pentium, and it's all about the pentiums. LGA1155. Do any of you with more expertise and experience think it's doable?
    I don't know, it's probably not even worth doing, but even if he don't want or need it maybe I could sell it and double my money. I don't know, it's the first time I've drank since 9th grade, but I feel kinda genius right now so I'm rolling with it.
    If you have $100-$150 And 4GB of DDR3 RAM(SO-DIMM or DIMM, Depending on whether or not the MB has SO-DIMM slots of Desktop DIMM Slots) and a 500GB Mechanical HDD, then yea. As far as a case goes, you can mod a mITX case to fit the board as long as its dimensions are similar enough. Didnt read the whole post, so I might not be answering this correctly, but YES there are things you can do with the board, BGA/Soldered CPU/Proc. or not

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the response! Boards useless without a proper video out, so i pulled the cpu out, and it aint soldered so were good. Brother in law says were gonna build an ammo can computer, his buddies are gonna love it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That being said, i was pretty pissed to see that the hard drive that was in the AIO was a 1TB Seagate Barracuda, full size, 7200rpm. Totally didnt think of it when i ordered a 1tb WD Blue drive that came DOA twice and gave up and went to Best Buy and got a 2tb seagate drive.