I wanted to see about getting some insight on an idea I'm trying to incorporate.

Ifinally replaced the stereo in my truck and was pleasantly surprised to see RCA output jacks for front, rear, and subwoofer channels.

Since I only have a set of speakers in my doors, and a rear set in top rear corner of the top bunk, I don't get very good sound dircetion leading to the bottom bunk, where I like to watch videos before going to sleep.

I tried hooking up a few of my RCA home theater speakers (left over from a Logitech 5.1 system computer sound system) to no avail. No sound.

I did some research and found that apparently there are usually different resistances between car and home audio systems, as well as the need for an amplifier when trying to use the RCA jacks on a car stereo.

My biggest question is, can I use an AV amplifier such as this with the lines coming from my head unit? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1TXJ8YQ6MM9JH

I'd prefer to keep any power option to a normal 110V outlet as it's much easier to plug something into my APU than it is to mess around with the wiring in the truck, or even worse, leading any wiring out to the battery.

My ultimate goal is to add 4 speakers I can mount onto the underside of the top bunk, and most likely on the underside of the storage compartments to make 8 total speakers running from my head unit through which I'll have wireless receivers (probly just one, maybe 2) hooked up through the aux jack on the stereo. I want an all in one car stereo/home theater system with as seemless of a transition as possible between the 2.