trucktyre

Who has the best tech support for laptop computers?

I currently have an old Dell (Inspiron 3800) and their technical support is a nightmare. A new lap top is in my future. When something goes wrong I want to be able to get the kind of support that will fix the problem, not make it worse. I'm looking at HP and Gateway and would appreciate feedback from users of these 2 brands in particular.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Greenmask20's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Right off the bat I would say stay away from HP due to the fact I have had nothing but issues with my DV7. $1200 laptop and have put another $400 in replacement parts. Their support isn't all that bad, but doesn't make up for the fact their laptops are shit. Hard drive failure, cooling fan failure, Screen failure. No support from HP in getting replacement parts other then sending it in at around $300 per time. I have heard decent things about ASUS though. Friend has one that is 2 years old and hasn't had a single issue with it where as mine is about 14 months old and NOTHING BUT ISSUES. In summary..... Stay away from HP atleast with their laptops. Desktops I don't have issues with from HP though.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Who has the best tech support for laptop computers?

Dell has a better warranty but their tech support is mediocre. ASUS on the other hand has good tech support but their warranty is kinda short. It is really a catch 22, most companies that are knowledgeable have short warranties and companies that give great warranties tend to not know how to work a computer.

Cars are similar. A car company with a great warranty gives you a car that is kinda cheap while another car company with a generic warranty will makes a reliable car with great service. I won't list any car names for the sake of starting a debate here.

I have found that ASUS, Lenovo, and MSI are pretty good, but this is model dependant. Check the reviews on a particular model before purchasing it.