Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue ILLuMiNaTuSs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Budget gaming pc.

Searching all available options for building a budget gaming pc without overclocking.
    Would love to hear your thoughts on mobo, cpu and gpu combos, especially from anyone that has build one lately. Total value should be around 500 dollars or euros.
    Cheers

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_Warlon's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

That's a tight budget! Without Windows, this is as low as I could get it from 1 vendor. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YqwjD3

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_Warlon's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Here is a "That's all the money I have" build. It's not pretty, but it will play games. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yGHrQ7

Cadet Warlon | Activision ID: Warlon Xbox Live: WarlonX

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When on a tight budget, it is best to check which components you currently have. Do you have a desktop PC that you can salvage parts from, e.g., an old ATX compatible case, DVD burner, DDR3 RAM, Windows serial number.

Anything that you can reuse, will allow you to put more money into the $500 build when it comes to components which directly impact performance.

Knee High to a Worms Ass ATHeIst_FReAK's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

this is what i have.....a few parts from another computer to. mine runs pretty good.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ATHeIst_FReAK View Post
    this is what i have.....a few parts from another computer to. mine runs pretty good.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
    You have to copy pasta the permalink URL above your list.

Cadet Warlon | Activision ID: Warlon Xbox Live: WarlonX

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Massa191's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You could have a look here: http://tweakers.net/reviews/4081/3/d...mesysteem.html

It's in Dutch, yet you can use the translate button in Chrome, or just have a look of the recommended parts. That should be universal. Under €500 including a SSD , oh my that's a win in my book.

Knee High to a Worms Ass ATHeIst_FReAK's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Most of the shall I say not that significant parts (case-decent one, dvd rom, power supply, ram, case fans, hard disks, windows etc) I all ready have. The ones I shall be getting are motherboard, cpu and graphics card.

So most of you guys would suggest to go with an AMD based combo.

Cheers for the thoughts!

^_^
    Last edited by ILLuMiNaTuSs; 07-08-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Jayson201's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My build, originally cost me 450 USD. That being said I had salvaged a couple hard drives so that saved me 50 dollars
    Atheist Freaks build is pretty close to mine.

AMD FX 6300 ~89 at the time, probably 100-110 now.
    Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 ~ 79 at the time, 69 at the moment on newegg
    R7 250x, it was a refurb at almost half off. Refurbs are always risks, but usually at good price points. Mine was 59 or 69, MSIs got one for 79 at the moment, good price for a usually 100$ card. CAN play games like battlefield and h1z1
    Corsair CX500 ~ 50$ at the time, 60 now
    4Gb Kingston Value Ram 1600mhz, was 35 at the time, currently 42. You CAN get better deals on memory than this.
    Rosewill Challenger case, 50 then 50 now

Using current prices, that puts you at 460~~ Roughly, and you can get that price lower by looking for similar products at better deals.
    Like I said, I salvaged a hard drive, so a hard drive would put you at your 500 mark if you dont have one laying around in an old computer.

From there you can upgrade your rig as funds become available,
    It's what i did and it's worked pretty well.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Cheers for the reply Jayson.

That looks nice and in budget. I will look in my country for deals on that kind of build.
    Europe still seems to be in favor of Intel. Conflicts of interest must be on there favor.

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ILLuMiNaTuSs View Post
    Cheers for the reply Jayson.

That looks nice and in budget. I will look in my country for deals on that kind of build.
    Europe still seems to be in favor of Intel. Conflicts of interest must be on there favor.
    I took a few hours this morning to figure out a good and on budget($560 USD, but that includes Keyboard/Mouse + HDD & SSD; The SSD and KB+Mouse are optional and would bring you down to almost exactly $500 USD) configuration: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yP7HTW

Solid for $560/$500 If you ask me, I owned that Graphics card when BF3 Came out untill about 5 months ago, and it got a solid 65+ FPS on BF3, and could maintain a consistent 60FPS(VSync enabled; so framerate was locked at 60FPS to the refresh rate of my *it was 1080p* 60Hz)

Knee High to a Worms Ass HanibalGod's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Honestly if you could wait a month or 2 to save just a bit more you could get alot of better hardware and no AAA title games come out until September anyway starting with MGS Phantom pain

Can I have your Tots CALMERthanUdude's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've been thinking about upgrading my 4 year old rig with a budget build too. Thanks for the suggestions. Aren't you guys leaving out one big ticket item though? Windows OS ain't cheap.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CALMERthanUdude View Post
    I've been thinking about upgrading my 4 year old rig with a budget build too. Thanks for the suggestions. Aren't you guys leaving out one big ticket item though? Windows OS ain't cheap.
    I NEVER buy my OS'es, From XP to 8.1(And now 10, since I reserved it), I slipstream/get pre-activated .ISO's and burn them from https://thepiratebay.gd/ (Formerly Thepiratebay.com, until alot of shit hit the fan and they have to constantly switch and redirect their CTLDM, Country Top Level Domain, IE .se, .ru, ETC )

And you can use a program called ISO To USB to burn .iso Files to a Flash Drive/Device(Bootable) instead of a DVD(Usually DVD-5/DVD-9 | 4GB and 8GB respectively, in capacity) http://www.isotousb.com/ Looks sketchy I know, but its fine, I use it, I have installed on my Flash drive lol, ironic

*Psst: Don't tell Microsoft*

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sry guys for the delay. My pc (a part of it) died last week.
    Basically after an extensive period of continues running and at high temp crashed. After letting it too cool down tried to turned it on but with no success. Power supply seems ok, mobo light on, ram ok (tested on another pc), disks seem ok, graphic card ok. Error beeps from bios suggest either ram or gpu. Tried 2 other graphic cards on it but no results. There must be something wrong with the mobo - particularly the pcie16 slot. Anyway I aint no expert but I will continue to search for a solution in order to set up an entry lvl gaming pc for backup.
    The new budget rig has been ordered. Didn't managed to find any good local offers on AMD based builds. And buying online from overseas is still not risky but I must say not economical if you consider the shipping rates (on primary order and in case of doa items and guaranty claims) plus custom fees (if outside of Europe).
    Thus its an intel based rig with an amd gpu.
    As for OS, Grady666 is spot on.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sry guys for the delay. My pc (a part of it) died last week.
    Basically after an extensive period of continues running and at high temp crashed. After letting it too cool down tried to turned it on but with no success. Power supply seems ok, mobo light on, ram ok (tested on another pc), disks seem ok, graphic card ok. Error beeps from bios suggest either ram or gpu. Tried 2 other graphic cards on it but no results. There must be something wrong with the mobo - particularly the pcie16 slot. Anyway I aint no expert but I will continue to search for a solution in order to set up an entry lvl gaming pc for backup.
    The new budget rig has been ordered. Didn't managed to find any good local offers on AMD based builds. And buying online from overseas is still not risky but I must say not economical if you consider the shipping rates (on primary order and in case of doa items and guaranty claims) plus custom fees (if outside of Europe).
    Thus its an intel based rig with an amd gpu.
    As for OS, Grady666 is spot on.
    Thats great you finally got a new Rig, do you mind sharing its specifications?

Also, Have you tried removing the graphics card(s) from your PCIe/PCI Slot and using your Motherboards Onboard Video(D-Sub/VGA, HDMI, DVI-I, ETC)? Try that, and if it doesnt give any display output after trying all the outputs your mobo has onboard, then it is probably either your Motherboard or it could be your CPU (could meaning probably, but definantly not 100%), Since your CPU's Integrated Graphics(IGP) are whats used when using Onboard video without a dedicated(Meaning one that populates a PCIe/PCI/AGP/ISA Slot) Graphics card.

What other 2 Graphics cards have you tried also?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Didn't set up the new pc. Parts will be arriving next week.
    Found good pricing at least for my area cause for the rest of Europe is for sure lower. If you compare US prices even lower.
    The parts are:
    Cpu: G3258 (I will be probably oc it at 4.2Ghz - need to see how my case which is a thermaltake soprano (old 1st model) will be handling the high temps)
    mobo: ASROCK Z97 ANNIVERSARY which was particularly made for that cpu.
    GPU: ASUS RADEON R7 260X R7260X-OC-2GD5 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E which was less than the gtx 750 (but I had less issues with intel based gpus than amd ones).
    2 x 4gb ddr3 ram running at 1600mhz (the cpu can benefit only from 1333mhz but it will be replaced in the future) BTW I have been saying that for my old dead system which was running the same shit since the beginning :P )
    Now hopefully my psu will be sufficient for the whole system, 2 power calculators let me to believe that it will be. Its a 550w psu but with no 80+ metal.

As for the old mobo it doesn't have an onboard gpu so I wasn't able to test that. The gpus that I tried on it was a fan-less Geforce 9600gt by gigabyte, a HD 5770 by truecolor and an even older 1 which I don't remember (I am out of town now). All 3 cards previously worked on it. And I tried em on both pci-e x16 slots that the mobo has.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Didn't set up the new pc. Parts will be arriving next week.
    Found good pricing at least for my area cause for the rest of Europe is for sure lower. If you compare US prices even lower.
    The parts are:
    Cpu: G3258 (I will be probably oc it at 4.2Ghz - need to see how my case which is a thermaltake soprano (old 1st model) will be handling the high temps)
    mobo: ASROCK Z97 ANNIVERSARY which was particularly made for that cpu.
    GPU: ASUS RADEON R7 260X R7260X-OC-2GD5 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E which was less than the gtx 750 (but I had less issues with intel based gpus than amd ones).
    2 x 4gb ddr3 ram running at 1600mhz (the cpu can benefit only from 1333mhz but it will be replaced in the future) BTW I have been saying that for my old dead system which was running the same shit since the beginning :P )
    Now hopefully my psu will be sufficient for the whole system, 2 power calculators let me to believe that it will be. Its a 550w psu but with no 80+ metal.

As for the old mobo it doesn't have an onboard gpu so I wasn't able to test that. The gpus that I tried on it was a fan-less Geforce 9600gt by gigabyte, a HD 5770 by truecolor and an even older 1 which I don't remember (I am out of town now). All 3 cards previously worked on it. And I tried em on both pci-e x16 slots that the mobo has.
    No motherboards except for a few Older Zotac mITX boards and a few others have onboard GPU's; The Processor usually has an Integrated GPU(IGP) And it will output to the boards onboard Video Connections, so if you remove all your cards try it with the bare components and then try it with all your boards available onboard video connectors, The issue could be what I said previously.

** One other possibility is that your GPU/CPU overheated, Are you using(not your new build) an AMD CPU? Intel CPU's have a Digital Thermal Sensor built into them; Where if they reach their TjMax(The maximum safe operating Temperate[Celsius] of their On-Die Cores) They will automatically power off the system to prevent damage. Were as AMD CPU's, DO NOT have this and WILL allow themselves to fry,burn, and die. So if you where running AMD, with a bad,dirty/dusty, or faulty CPU Heatsink, then that could be a possibility, Its good you went with Intel, their price premiums arent really "price premiums", For instance their Pentium G3258 "Anniversary Edition" 3.2GHz Dual-Core(No Hyperthreading/Virtual Cores) unlocked Processor will beat out AMD's FX-6300 Vishera Hexa-core CPU's. That's because of the Intels ability to get great Performance per Core, or rather the effiency of their CPU's and Their Phsyical/Virtual Cores.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Old mobo is Asus P5N-E SLI paired with an Intel Q6600.